What part of London to Stay in?

Victoria has some nice hotels and it's very close to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, the river Thames, St James and Hyde Park.

Suggest looking at www.tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews.

I always stay in this area when I go to London..I have stayed in other's,but for whatever reason I like it here..hotels are nice,vary by price,and I can walk to many places as well as having great tube access. This is just an FYI.

You might look at hotels in the Kensingston area. It's not really all that close to the major attractions but is usually less expensive. The Tube is an excellent way to get from point A to point B quickly & easily. You can purchase 2 day visitor passes in advance. If expense is not important to you, by all means, stay in the Victoria area.

Years ago we lived in London and have been back several times. We find the Gloucester Road area most convenient. The tube station is handy and serves three lines, including Piccadilly. That line goes to the theater district. Also, if you want to hassle with all your luggage, that line goes to and from Heathrow. We have never done that, but if you are young and adventuresome, you might try it.

London theater is known for its shows. If you want, go to the Half Price Ticket Office in Leicester square. Be sure to go downhill from the tube all the way through the small Leicester Square to the building with the small clock tower. Tickets for that evening's shows are available from about noon on.

London is a great city, and they speak English there, sort of. :D

Bob :cool:

I can highly recommend the Premier Travel Inn County Hall which is right next to the London Eye and within easy walk of Trafalgar Sq, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament etc. It is not 5 star, but very clean and well run and we had a family room for 4 for 99 pounds per night. Cost for buffet breakfast was 7.50 per adult and kids under 16 ate free. Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor - it has great reviews.

Citadines is a self catering complex of duplex apartments on Gloucester Road in South Kensington. There is a good resturant on the ground floor which serves three meals a day, a Pub, and a Waitrose supermarket within a city block. the duplexes are generally two levels, with an efficiency kitchen if you want to do something on your own. They also provide menus from local restuarants which provide take-out via a taxi service. The Kensington tube station is a block away as well. Walk north on Gloucester Road and you'll be in Hyde Park. Walk East to Harrods. Have Fun.

Hello. I would agree that the Kensington/Marble Arch area is a good location. We stayed at The London Elizabeth Hotel ( http://www.londonelizabethhotel.co.uk/ ) about 2 years ago pre-cruise. It is right across the street from a tube station, also across the street from Hyde Park and within walking distance of Marble Arch (a good point to catch the Hop on Hop off buses), Kensington Palace, and plenty of pubs, restaurants and shopping also within walking distance. The hotel is nice, breakfast included and reasonably priced.

There are so many fun things to do in London, it is hard to know where to start! You'll have a great time.

Archived