Self-disembarkation questions

Freckles_51

I have been on one cruise and have to admit that the self-disembarkation process was somewhat confusing.

It appeared that the self-disembarkation passengers still attached the zone tags on their bags, but didn't really need to, and some waited in the theatre and left when they were told they could (after VIP I think, not by zone) while others were in other places of their choice and waited for their zone to be called.

So what is the proper procedure please:

Do self-disembarkation passengers have to attach the zone tags to luggage?

Do they wait in their choice of public area until their zone is called?

Or

Do they all pile into the theatre on the main level until they are told they can disembark?

I have been on one cruise and have to admit that the self-disembarkation process was somewhat confusing.

It appeared that the self-disembarkation passengers still attached the zone tags on their bags, but didn't really need to, and some waited in the theatre and left when they were told they could (after VIP I think, not by zone) while others were in other places of their choice and waited for their zone to be called.

So what is the proper procedure please:

Or

Do they all pile into the theatre on the main level until they are told they can disembark?

Might be easier to give us the ship and port you are thinking about sailing on and from. It can be done differently.

I have never attached tags and always was the first group off the ship. I wait in my cabin and just walk off around 8am, if all goes well. This is sailing from San Juan, Miami and Port Everglades.

No. The zone tags are for the people who are NOT doing self debarkation

Or

Each ship is different, but they will generally announce where the self debarkation passengers should wait.

my question about this is this... I am staying in Miami for the night after my cruise. Assuming it's better for me to do the self-disembarking (???) and I can sleep later and wait for the masses to get off the boat?

If you are planning on "sleeping in" there is no need to self debark. Your bags will be there when you are ready to get off. Be advised, however, that the cabin steward will come a-knocking pretty early on debarkation day to get the room cleaned up, so the best you can hope for is a leisurely breakfast and some quiet time on lido deck.

Nyctor118-No. The zone tags are for the people who are NOT doing self debarkation

Does this mean we don't put our luggage out either? This is the first time I am doing it this way.

Thanks.

The last time you put your luggage out, they took it? If you intend on self debarking, you need to keep your luggage with you.

The bonus is, you don't have to worry about running back, packing, and getting the bag out by 10 or whatever time they say. Just pack when you are all done for the night. And no worries about going the way of the famous dude who packed all his clothes and had to debark naked. :rolleyes:

my question about this is this... I am staying in Miami for the night after my cruise. Assuming it's better for me to do the self-disembarking (???) and I can sleep later and wait for the masses to get off the boat?

I know this much. You must vacate your cabin by 9am!!!!

Thanks everyone. So should I put the bags out the night before or just keep them in the room?

9 a.m. good to know. I have a friend in Miami that I am going to call when we're close to getting off the boat. He will either pick us up or we will take a taxi to the hotel and hope like hell for early check-in!

Thirsty Cruiser Quote:

Originally Posted by amy_ammo viewpost.gif

If you are planning on "sleeping in" there is no need to self debark. Your bags will be there when you are ready to get off. Be advised, however, that the cabin steward will come a-knocking pretty early on debarkation day to get the room cleaned up, so the best you can hope for is a leisurely breakfast and some quiet time on lido deck.

If you are planning on "sleeping in" there is no need to self debark. Your bags will be there when you are ready to get off. Be advised, however, that the cabin steward will come a-knocking pretty early on debarkation day to get the room cleaned up, so the best you can hope for is a leisurely breakfast and some quiet time on lido d

The last time you put your luggage out, they took it? If you intend on self debarking, you need to keep your luggage with you.

The bonus is, you don't have to worry about running back, packing, and getting the bag out by 10 or whatever time they say. Just pack when you are all done for the night. And no worries about going the way of the famous dude who packed all his clothes and had to debark naked. :rolleyes:

Didn't know I was that famous....:o

Archived