?'s for Navigator 11/6/04 cruisers.

gambler

Hope you had a great cruise!!!

How was the weather???

What time did you stay on? I know the Eastern Islands are 1 ahead of Miami time. Did you change time at all?

Have you had the new dining menus? How are they? What things are served on what nights?

What night is smart Casual?

Any thing else we need to know?

Thanks

I'll just take that review with a grain or two of salt. There is no way anyone would ever convince me that the Capitan did not have the stabilizers down, or that he intentionally took it on the beam and made people sick intentionally.

The reviewer eluded several times to his displeasure with the "singles" participation, then insinuates that it is the CREWS fault that no one showed up for anything, or participated. OR, that they had no activities to take their minds off the rough seas!!! Hey, he chose that time of year to cruise!!!

I wonder if this.......guy, has ever piloted a thousand ft. boat in rough seas???

grimace.gif

Whatever....

Here is the link to the review. Have fun reading it, it's poorly formatted.

I'll just wait and see what everyone else has to say too.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/reviews/readreview.php?id=0000003770

I just read that review and found it to be lacking in quite a few areas. He complained over the most stupid things. Does not bother me one bit and I continue to look forward to my upcoming cruise.

I would like to know how the embarkation procedures are going. Are they getting better each week?

Hello, I was on the Navigator last week and the weather could have been better. However the review that I just read was just ridiculous. Yes-- We had rough weather on Thursday. However everything that was already scheduled when on as planned. The outdoor activities were moved to the Promanade Deck. The Cruise director was very nice and concerned, ALL of the crew were extemely nice and spoke to us every time they saw us. Even asking us how we were fairing in the rough weather. It was a wonderful cruise! I din't attend the Meet and Greet or the Singles thing, I'm not single. But for us it was a Great cruise. If anyone has any questions just email me.

I have to agree with Earthgirl -- I was also on this sailing. The rough weather on Thursday didn't ruin our vacation. The night before captain did warn us of the winds and that it would be a bumpy ride -- but we made the best of it. Our cabin attendant was more than helpful and the other staff we met were very kind. We were lucky enough to not get sick -- but some in our party did -- they knew they booked during the hurricane season and were just glad we only had the one rough day.

The captain kept us updated the best he could, it was a very unusual weather pattern. Our head waiter told us that they hadn't had seas like that since they crossed the Atlantic for the ships maiden voyage. And that he was very glad to see us all out and at dinner. I wasn't going to pass that up -- It was lobster night...:D :D :D

We were also on the Navigator last week but it certainly must have been with a different crew than this person from Cruise Addicts saw!

A good attitude and the expectation that you will have a good time goes a long way toward the outcome of a cruise. It sounds like this poor soul had neither from the first day.

As for the new menu....high marks from us! They have some new items and were trying some variations in serving such as family style salads etc. Menus contained some highlights, prime rib, new york strip, filet, and of course lobster!

The Eastern Caribbean is in another time zone, but the ship crew always reminds passengers that they are to stay on ship's time, not island time. Ship's time is Eastern US time.

If you stayed on ship's time, what time did you actually dock in St. Thomas??? We have a private sail booked and I am trying to figure this out.

Thanks for the better comments, LOL. Looking forward to the new menus.

What else can you tell us?? Inquiring minds want to know.....

We were at the dock at 8AM ship's time, which would be 9 AM in St Thomas. I would think that tour operators who book with ship passengers know that passengers stay on ship's time, but I would double check the time with the private tour just to make sure that everyone is clear!

We snorkeled in St Thomas in the morning and the water was warm and clear. Since there were 5 ships in port that day, the shopping area in St Thomas was rather busy but cabs are always readily available.

As for the week's schedule for dinner: Saturday - casual, Sunday - formal(Captain's Gala Dinner), Monday - casual, Tuesday -casual or colorful Caribbean attire, Wednesday - casual or 50's to 70's attire, Thursday - formal, Friday -casual.

If you have sailed on Navigator, you know that the ice show is wonderful:) ! Tickets are distributed on Sunday, so make sure you pick them up.

The Navigator is a beautiful ship and a week aboard is always a pleasure!

Enjoy!

We originally thought we might do Chops one night -- But the food was so good we didn't want to miss a night in the dining room.

We got on the ship at about 12noon and it went very smoothly. On our return we were the 5th color to be called and were off at 10:30am -- It went a bit slow because of TSA -- they only wanted a small amount of people in the customs/immigration lines at a time.

But as soon as we were through the porters got us right on a bus and to the airport.

No immigration or customs required until you get back to Miami. They did stress that all passengers carry some form of photo ID in addition to the ship ID at every port. You have to show the ID to get back into the port area and to reboard the ship. We just carried our drivers' licenses rather than our passports.

When you get your luggage tags on Friday, you also get an estimate of times that color tags will be called. If your color seems to be too late for you to get to your flight, you can exchange them at the front desk for an earlier color tag.

We had our luggage before dinner. They were very efficient!

The ice shows were: Tuesday 7:15 , 9:15 and Thursday 5:15 and 7:45. On our cruise the Thursday shows were moved to Friday because we were still getting some waves and wind in the afternoon and the skaters couldn't do any warm ups or rehearsals early in the day.

Jewel of the Seas was in the first pier closest to Old Town and Carnival and Princess had the next pier. We were at the pier that is directly across from the Puerto Rico National Guard hanger on the opposite side of the waterway from the city.

A number of shore excursions were cancelled so most people took cabs over to the shopping and walking tour area. I was amazed at how close the ship sails to the town area. I think that we got the best view possible of the fortress as we sailed in....great photo opportunity, make sure you're up on deck.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you stayed on ship's time, what time did you actually dock in St. Thomas??? We have a private sail booked and I am trying to figure this out.

Thanks for the better comments, LOL. Looking forward to the new menus.

What else can you tell us?? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Gambler,

I belive it is 8:00 am ships time.

Tj

Jewel of the Seas was in the first pier closest to Old Town and Carnival and Princess had the next pier. We were at the pier that is directly across from the Puerto Rico National Guard hanger on the opposite side of the waterway from the city.

A number of shore excursions were cancelled so most people took cabs over to the shopping and walking tour area. I was amazed at how close the ship sails to the town area. I think that we got the best view possible of the fortress as we sailed in....great photo opportunity, make sure you're up on deck.

Enjoy your cruise!

I do not like the fact that we may be docking in that same dock in two weeks. I would much prefer to dock at the pier so that you can walk without having to take a taxi. All of this because the Caribbean Princess is using San Juan as a temporary port of call until Princess Cays reopens.

I just got off the navigator this a.m. We did w. Carib but it was fantastic. My mini review is posted on this board.

We got luggage way before dinner. Everything except for boarding in Miami was excellent.

Food was very good and more recent cruisers said it was much improved over the last year or two.

Our seas were choppy but I don't think people were getting sick. It was windy (25 knots)

Archived