Port Everglades - Location

cjankowski

HI

Dumb question, but I am not from FL. So wondering if someone tell me where Port Everglades is located. Need to know what airport we should fly into? Can you rent car and drop off at port?

Any other help about this area would be great.

Thank you great CC pals.

About a 10 to 15 minute taxi ride from Fort Lauderdale FL airport (FLL)

Also about a 10 to 15 minute taxi ride from most hotels located on 17th street in Fort Lauderdale

to Port Everglade.

Sure you need a rental car?

I have not rented a car in FLL but I believe you would need to take the rental car back to the airport and

they will take you to the dock.

Got this from previous posts I have read.

Couple of hotels to check out are Embassy Suites on 17th Holiday Inn Express Convention Center.

Hyatt Regency Pier 66, Marina Marriott, Residence Hotel, Comfort Suites are just a few.

All VERY close to the port and airport.

HI

Dumb question, but I am not from FL. So wondering if someone tell me where Port Everglades is located. Need to know what airport we should fly into? Can you rent car and drop off at port?

No such thing as a dumb question on these boards. The port is located 2.5 miles from FLL (Ft Lauderdale International Airport). There are no car rental drop off locations within the secured port zone. You can however drop-off a Thrifty rental at the Thrifty location on Miami Rd just outside one of the port entrances or the Budget car rental site in the Quay Plaza off of SE 17th Street. Both car rental companies will shuttle you to the port. There's a dozen or so car rental agencies all under one roof opposite terminal 1 at FLL. Some contract with the county run shared bus shuttle to the port. Here's a list of them, you can call to see if they participate in the shared bus program. http://www.co.broward.fl.us/airport/parking_transportation_rentals.htm

Even if they don't cab fare is only $12-$15 between the airport and the cruiseport.

Here's a map to put it into perspective for you:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=26.075904,-80.148182&spn=0.107315,0.153809&z=13&msid=111808212097114498924.000460a27606007373028

/////

Archived