Do you bring back gifts for your kids teachers?

candhmama

We will be going on a cruise in May and my two dd's (12 and 8) will miss a week of school. I was thinking of bringing something back to the teacher's if I saw something that struck me. Thinking about this got me wondering if most people bring something back for teachers and what kind of things they have gotten for them.

I'm going to be doing the same thing next month. My daughter is in Pre-k and I'm planning on picking something up for her teacher in one of the ports IF I see something that she may like......I know that she doesn't drink alcohol so that's out of the question....I'm not going to put any stress on myself that I have to get something since so many of the souvenier shops can have really tacky stuff in them :eek:

We usually just bring back something small that the kids have picked out. This has ranged from Disney pins, fridge magnets, picture frames, etc. I think that it's important for the kids to pick it out and that truly it doesn't matter how expensive. It's really the thought that counts.

For any of our vacations we are always on the lookout for our teachers end-of-year gifts, but not a gift for being away on vacation. Though we try not to get just another dust collector. Last year we had stopped at a pewter factory and had gotten them hand-made pewter bookmarks, useful and unique.

Archived