Independence of the Seas - Room 9669

indianagirl47553

We are booked on the March 29th sailing of the IOS. There will be myself, my husband, and two 13-year-old boys. While spending lots of time in the room isn't a huge priority, I'm starting to worry that it will be too cramped for what little time we're there. Has anyone stayed in 9669?

Secondly, if it is too small, what's the process for upgrading to a larger suite? (sorry if that's a basic question... I'm a newbie to this!)

The inside cabins are a little tight for four but the additional cost of upgrading to a larger cabin may not be in your budget. The only way you will know is to call the person you booked the cruise with.

It will take some organization to get everyone dressed and on the go so plan on staggering your schedules. You also have access to the showers in the fitness center if things get even tighter. It's not very convenient to your cabin but in a pinch it will help.

Good luck,

A former Southern Indiana Hoosier too

Keeping the cabin organized is what will keep it from feeling cramped.

Unpack all your luggage and do NOT live out of suitcases.

Over the door shoe holder ourside the bathroom door to keep stuff off your vanity. an Over the door shoe holder inside the bathroom to keep that room organized.

Scedule showers so that everyone is NOT getting ready at the same time.

Maybe the 13 years olds can take your husband to the gym/spa area to shower- while you are taking yours.

The gyms have quite complete facilities. I cannot speak for the men's room but the ladies have ample showers. The shower rooms/bathrooms on deck 11 forward. I think there are also shower facilites in the spa on 12.

If the kids use the gym or spa showers by the time they return to the cabin you and your husband should both be finished with yours and everyone can go to dinner or other activities together. If the kids just need a quick rinse they can always use the poolside showers.

If all of your luggage will not fit under your bed you can ask the steward to store it elsewhere. That might help too. The closet will be fine for two but stressed for the four of you. You can use suitcases as drawer space and just pull them out as needed.

Archived