I will be 8 weeks pregnant when I go on my cruise in two weeks...

smazerolle

Congratulations!!!!

You also can't get a body massage, get in the steam room or hot whirlpool. I was 7 weeks pregnant last January when I cruised. You can get facials or the hot rocks.....as far as the spa packages go.

Congratulations! I went on a camping trip with my husband when I was 4 months along. I remember he didn't want me to carry any heavy packs, so he did twice as much work while I just walked along with a light pack.:D

Check with your doctor about:

sunscreen ingredients

bug spray ingredients

seafood - I think you're supposed to limit your intake of fish when you're pregnant

have a great trip!

and congrats!

Is this your first? If not, have you had morning sickness before. The motion of the ship may really emphasize this. I know I had NO sickness w/ the first, bad w/ second and worst w/ third. You might tell your OB you are going on a cruise, and maybe they could prescribe or recommend for queasiness. I doubt you should use dramamine or the patches. You can always use the bands or gingersnaps/ale. But my OB prescribed something the 3rd pregnancy, so do ask!

You can do virtually anything you want! I would avoid alcohol, seafood, spa, chemicals, food on port (local restaurants), and any activity where you could fall easily (word of caution--do not climb Dunn's River Falls....experienced faller here! I know if I had done this pregnant, I would have had MAJOR sciatic (sp?) nerve problems the rest of pregnancy--as if pregnancy alone doesn't cause enough!)

Happy cruising!

Kristin

I cruised at 9 weeks with my daughter and I will be cruising on the 27th at 16 weeks. Don't worry!! You will still have fun. Do talk to your Dr/Midwife about suggestions for nausea. My midwife said to use ginger capsules, or take Vitamin B-6 and half a Unisom. I will be sticking to the ginger. Excursions that you should avoid will list a restriction for pregnant women. I never use the spa anyway, so i didn't have to worry about anything there. I know that massages are OK, just inform them that you are pg and they will avoid the areas that could be a problem (like the outer thigh).

Have fun!!

Also no scuba diving (pressure). You can snorkle on top only. Swimming is fine. Walking. Do take in shorter tours so as not to over tire yourself. Do check with your doctor for sea sick meds. Find a Bar Tender you like and tell him your expecting, they make wonderful drinks without alcohol.

My DIL was prego on our last trip and they made her shirly temples that were out of thisworld. They also brought her milk as soon as she sat down for dinner. If she found she could not eat something they got her something els very quickly.

I would be cautious about long treks when the heat is at its worst; when I was expecting our 2nd son, I walked around Washington D.C in August (also around 8 weeks), and experienced the worst sickness of my 3 pregnancies! If you do any significant walking, make sure you stay hydrated. Aside from that, and the recommendations others have posted, you can do most of the activities you did before pregnancy, if your doctor's okay with it. (We camped and boated right up until our oldest son was born. Literally - we spent a long weekend camping the week before his arrival and spent the day before I went into labor on our 17' runabout on the Hudson River. We joked afterward that he arrived 2 weeks early because he was saying to himself, "These people are crazy! I'd better get out of here now!)

Congratulations, and best wishes for an easy pregnancy!

Congratulations!!!! :D There WILL be a dr. and nurse on board. And of course there will still be the shows, the pools, the lounging around, the food, the gambling, and even many types of shore excursions which should be fine for you. (If your dr. has been on a cruise, I think you are more likely to get a positive O.K. from him/her.) I think you will undoubtedly be FINE. I went snow skiing in CO when I was in my 4th mo. of pregnancy w/2 of my kids, although the first time I happened to see my dr's. associate prior to our trip and he said not to ski. (I am not a gutsy skier, I might add.) Later my own dr. said the only danger was if I had broken a leg or something, then I would have ended up uncomfortable, possibly in a cast during my pregnancy, but a fall would most likely not have hurt the baby. (Oddly enough, 6 wks. AFTER my son was born, we were in a serious wreck and I was in a full leg cast for nearly a yr!) When I was PG w/my last child, I remember seeing not one or two, but several woman who skied who were definitely further along than 4 mos.! I also recall seeing a photo of my grandma (a farm woman) on a horse when she was quite pg! So as long as you aren't planning to play Jacques Cousteau or dive off the cliffs in Negril or go ziplining or something, you'll be safe enough. Have a great time and savor the excitement leading up to the new little person in your life! :)

Archived