Budget rental car drop off near POM?

tinlizzy

We are thinking about flying into Orlando, going to Universal Studios for a day, then drive to Miami for a cruise.

The cheapest one-way rental I found was Budget rental car but I'm not sure what drop off location is nearest to the port.

Link for locations.

We are thinking about flying into Orlando, going to Universal Studios for a day, then drive to Miami for a cruise.

The cheapest one-way rental I found was Budget rental car but I'm not sure what drop off location is nearest to the port.

Link for locations.

We rented one from Budget to pick-up after our cruise and drive to Orlando. The location we are using, which is supposed to be about 3 miles from POM is the one at 665 S.W. 8th Street - Location Code M3M

When I called budget's 800 number they told me that this location did not allow for a drop off at a different location, that I would have to go to the Airport location. I told them that when I tried to book it through the website (without completing the booking, just to check on prices) it looked like they would do it. They instructed me to try booking it completely through the website and if it allowed and gave me a confirmation number, then it would be good. I did that and did receive a confirmation number.

So, if you are renting over the phone and they tell you that you can't drop off at that location try booking it online.

FYI, they do have a shuttle to or from the Port.

Hope this helps and have a great time on your cruise!:)

I'm not sure if Budget has a free shuttle to the Port...you should ask. I used Hertz from Tampa to Miami last year and dropped off the car at their downtown HLE location. They DO have a free shiuttle to the port, which saved us taxi fare. I also got a 50% discount on the Hertz rental by booking through the United Airlines website. (I wasn't even flying United!) It ended up being the cheapest rate I could find and was the most convenient. There are also a couple of good places to grab a bite to eat near Hertz...unless of course you want to wait until you get on your ship. Good Luck and enjoy your trip!:)

We rented one from Budget to pick-up after our cruise and drive to Orlando. The location we are using, which is supposed to be about 3 miles from POM is the one at 665 S.W. 8th Street - Location Code M3M

When I called budget's 800 number they told me that this location did not allow for a drop off at a different location, that I would have to go to the Airport location. I told them that when I tried to book it through the website (without completing the booking, just to check on prices) it looked like they would do it. They instructed me to try booking it completely through the website and if it allowed and gave me a confirmation number, then it would be good. I did that and did receive a confirmation number.

So, if you are renting over the phone and they tell you that you can't drop off at that location try booking it online.

FYI, they do have a shuttle to or from the Port.

Hope this helps and have a great time on your cruise!:)

Oops - Billom1 is correct. Budget does NOT have a shuttle. That is what I meant to say and then didn't type in the most important word!!:o

My rental is for April and I did check out Hertz on the American Airlines and the US Air sites but not the United one (shucks) and going through Budget was the most reasonable.

You guys are awesome, thanks for the replies.

Anjoliza - I did call Budget and found out that there is no shuttle :). The fees for droping off at a different location were the deal breaker for the other agencies we priced. They wanted $50! We didn't want to keep the rental for 9 days and find parking in Miami.

Billom - we are checking out the Hertz thru the airline websites angles - thanks.

With Budget my employer offers a corporate code that is giving us a rate of $40 all in each way for a Ford Taurus/similar (not sure what size they consider this car). If anyone knows of a cheaper price I'm all ears. :D

Oops - Billom1 is correct. Budget does NOT have a shuttle. That is what I meant to say and then didn't type in the most important word!!:o

My rental is for April and I did check out Hertz on the American Airlines and the US Air sites but not the United one (shucks) and going through Budget was the most reasonable.

bummer, i just cancelled my other rental...paying a couple of bucks more to be able to return right there at pier....now i find out they don't have a shuttle to the pier? any idea on a cab fare from budget drop off to the pier?

thanks,

bummer, i just cancelled my other rental...paying a couple of bucks more to be able to return right there at pier....now i find out they don't have a shuttle to the pier? any idea on a cab fare from budget drop off to the pier?

thanks,

It is only about 3 miles from the pier, I can't see that cab fare would be that much. If you get Budget to call, or call yourself, for a cab as soon as you get there, hopefully it will have arrived by the time you get all the paperwork done.

It is only about 3 miles from the pier, I can't see that cab fare would be that much. If you get Budget to call, or call yourself, for a cab as soon as you get there, hopefully it will have arrived by the time you get all the paperwork done.

that's what dh & i discussed doing. that way we can have our car rental right up to the time to get onboard.

Archived