Looking for a reasonale hotel in Ft Lauderdale

pinkaboo

Reasonable.........try AmeriSuites. Just make sure that you get there in the afternoon, as they have a tendency to overbook.

For us, it was a great rate, and terrible night.......as they moved us to a hotel on 'the other side" of the tracks..........and when we told them it was totally unaccepatable........they moved us to the Hilton.

Rick

rick...the amerisuties has been a HyattPlace for a bit over a year....

the hotel was redone top to bottom, and they look just like the website...i stayed i one in NJ a week ago....it's off 17th street near TONS of stuff...Publix, total wine & beverage, and lots of places to eat, and other little shops....

www.hyattplace.com

i think it's called Ft Lauderdale Airport North (but its about 3-5 miles from the Airpoer..)

We stayed at La Quinta .... Shuttle from the airport and I believe they had a shuttle to FLL airport (we didnt' use that ... going out of Miami). Nothing to write home about but it was cheap and clean. Wendys was pretty close. Also a couple other sit down places (we walked but could have cabbed it). Also a KMart pretty close. I would stay there again.

rick...the amerisuties has been a HyattPlace for a bit over a year....

the hotel was redone top to bottom, and they look just like the website...i stayed i one in NJ a week ago....it's off 17th street near TONS of stuff...Publix, total wine & beverage, and lots of places to eat, and other little shops....

www.hyattplace.com

i think it's called Ft Lauderdale Airport North (but its about 3-5 miles from the Airpoer..)

Meg.....thanks for the update!! It's been a few years since we have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale, and we normally stay at the Embassy Suites, but that particular night..........it was booked. So, I went on line, and the AmeriSuites showed availabitily.........so I booked it.

The rest is history!!:rolleyes:

Rick

The Hilton Garden Inn has been enjoyed by friends of ours twice now at

180 SW 18th Ave. in Ft. Lauderdale (Dania Beach). 877-STAYHGI or (954) 924-9204.

The rate can be discounted with AAA or AARP membership, and they offer a shuttle to the ships too.

Last year we stayed at the Comfort Suites. They had a shuttle from the airport and to the cruiseport. Also they had a complementary breakfast buffet. Nothing fancy but clean and tasty. The hotel is nearby, a short walk, to many restaurants and shops/supermarket. It is about 5-10 minutes from the cruiseport.:)

Archived