Pool temperatures?

ameliabedilia

Last year we went to Mexico on the Elation the last week of April and the saltwater pools were absolutely freezing. Most people considered them unusable.

This year we are going to Mexico on the Splendor on May 17th. Does anyone know anything about the water temps in the pools? I prefer hot tubs myself :), but have a 6 and 10 year old who love to swim.

I heard they change the water out completely every night in the pools, so what ever the ocean temp is, is what you get until the sun gets on it and warms it up, which could happen slowly or quickly depending on what the air temp is and if the sun is shining on it.

Would you rather swim in dirty pool water? Besides, if it is a little cool, keeps the little rug rats at bay...

I heard they change the water out completely every night in the pools, so what ever the ocean temp is, is what you get until the sun gets on it and warms it up, which could happen slowly or quickly depending on what the air temp is and if the sun is shining on it.

Would you rather swim in dirty pool water? Besides, if it is a little cool, keeps the little rug rats at bay...

Under those conditions, it seems that they are the only ones in the pool....:confused:

Last year we went to Mexico on the Elation the last week of April and the saltwater pools were absolutely freezing. Most people considered them unusable.

This year we are going to Mexico on the Splendor on May 17th. Does anyone know anything about the water temps in the pools? I prefer hot tubs myself :), but have a 6 and 10 year old who love to swim.

On all of the Carnival ships I've been on the water in the pools are changed daily and are filled with sea water -- so the temps in the pools will be nearly the same as the ambieant temp of the ocean.

So...I assume there are pools in Alaska...are they heated???

Maybe they have little ice skating rinks instead :D?

I am glad they have the saltwater because I hate the chlorine overdose you get. But, once a day, a little kid and a parent would dip in and freak out. Then they would have a little dare going and jump in for about 30 seconds. I think it's not an amenity at that point. Hopefully this one will be a little warmer. Or maybe the outside temp a little hotter.

I have never cruised in May...But My DD and Nephew go swimming in the spring here and it is 72 year round! I might add our pool is in the 60's and has been since Nov and they will jump in!! EVEN when it is 60 outside!! (we are in Fla) I will not stick my foot in but they will jump in and have a great time!:confused: (they were just in it last weekend)

Maybe they have little ice skating rinks instead :D?

I am glad they have the saltwater because I hate the chlorine overdose you get. But, once a day, a little kid and a parent would dip in and freak out. Then they would have a little dare going and jump in for about 30 seconds. I think it's not an amenity at that point. Hopefully this one will be a little warmer. Or maybe the outside temp a little hotter.

The saltwater pools are usually chlorinated as well. No way you can throw 100's of people a day in a tiny pool and not have a septic partae without some sanitization.

On topic, it takes a while for that much water to come up to temp, even the small pools on the ships. With the change of water, you can pretty much count on lukewarm water at best.

Archived