Prices in specialty restaurants higher now???!!!

starrian

Planers' Edge--believe whatever you like. Apparently NCL corporate doesn't know what's going on with the Sky in particular...... Frankly, it doesn't surprise me. I was off work today, but tomorrow I will try to remember to scan in my bill from our cruise and show you the $25 pp we paid for Cagney's on the Sky. And it was $20 pp for LeBistro, although we were comped in LeBistro, so I can't show you my bill from there.

Planers' Edge--believe whatever you like. Apparently NCL corporate doesn't know what's going on with the Sky in particular...... Frankly, it doesn't surprise me. I was off work today, but tomorrow I will try to remember to scan in my bill from our cruise and show you the $25 pp we paid for Cagney's on the Sky. And it was $20 pp for LeBistro, although we were comped in LeBistro, so I can't show you my bill from there.

It is not a matter of belief. This information came directly from the Hotel Director aboard the ship. The fleetwide comment was confirmed by Hugo Vanosmael, Hotel Director of the Dawn.

If you actual bills that show something different please scan and post them here. Very high people, at NCL read these boards and would bee very interested in this kind of information.

PE

In addition to the pricing that I posted above, there is no charge for food at the tapas bar. You can also order tapas while seated in the text/mex restaurant without an additional charge.

Someone stated that they were charged for their tex/mex meal and also for their tapas. I don't remember if that was this thread or not.

PE

Planer's Edge--fine, I will scan it in tomorrow.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but maybe I can. When NCL totally screws up my reservation and says we don't have a cabin when we get to the pier, and then when we get home and they send me an email comment card that says "based on our records, your recent cruise aboard the Sky was in a suite, or courtyard villa, etc...", I can believe it, yes..

In addition to the pricing that I posted above' date=' there is no charge for food at the tapas bar. You can also order tapas while seated in the text/mex restaurant without an additional charge.

Someone stated that they were charged for their tex/mex meal and also for their tapas. I don't remember if that was this thread or not.

PE[/quote']

Was this info based on your November cruise on Dawn? I am the one who asked the question on another thread. Thank you for answering it.

Just a FYI, because this is a NCL board, but HAL dropped the price for Pinacle from $30 to $20....then after a few months raised it to $25. And $25 is where it stands now.

Interesting, I guess they have to see what the market will bear. WE were on her about 2 years ago. I did think $30 was too high, $25 is about max for us anyway..Thanks

Nita

No, the price, according to the HAL website and the CC HAL board, is $20. Lunch for $10.

It is not a matter of belief. This information came directly from the Hotel Director aboard the ship. The fleetwide comment was confirmed by Hugo Vanosmael' date=' Hotel Director of the Dawn.

If you actual bills that show something different please scan and post them here. Very high people, at NCL read these boards and would bee very interested in this kind of information.

PE[/quote']

I wonder perhaps if Carol ordered a special extra charge entree. We did that once and it was $5.00 more.

Nita

No I did not. And that's not the amount of the upcharge anyway, if you get something that's extra. This is ridiculous. I had the filet mignon and my husband had the prime rib. Someone has to have been on the Sky recently and can confirm. I will scan in my onboard charge tomorrow.

No I did not. And that's not the amount of the upcharge anyway, if you get something that's extra. This is ridiculous. I had the filet mignon and my husband had the prime rib. Someone has to have been on the Sky recently and can confirm. I will scan in my onboard charge tomorrow.

hey, chill out and take a deep breath, I just suggested maybe that was the difference as no one else has had the same experience you had. No one is doubting you, do I sense some defensiveness here?

Nita

No, everyone is doubting me. Defensive?? No, all you NCL fans are defensive..... Will scan my bill in tomorrow. Hey, how do I know what they are doing?? Maybe NCL just decided to scalp us because the ship was full?? I doubt they raised the prices just for that sailing, but who knows? $25 was printed on the menus they gave out, so if so, they have different sets of menus I guess. If so, they are even cheaper than I thought they were..

No, everyone is doubting me. Defensive?? No, all you NCL fans are defensive..... Will scan my bill in tomorrow. Hey, how do I know what they are doing?? Maybe NCL just decided to scalp us because the ship was full?? I doubt they raised the prices just for that sailing, but who knows? $25 was printed on the menus they gave out, so if so, they have different sets of menus I guess. If so, they are even cheaper than I thought they were..

Decaf my dear. Decaf.

Whatever. I don't appreciate people telling me I don't know what I paid.

It happens every day here. There is a good chance the prices are higher on the Sky. With only 3/4 day cruises and everyone wanting to squeeze in everything the demand for seating could be much higher and so the higher prices. With the fares for the Sky they need to make money somewhere :D

You really do sound very defensive. People on here are just trying to figure out whats going on with the prices for the Specialty Restaurants which have always been the same fleet wide. Has nothing to do with being an "NCL Fan" or not. Why would you care what a bunch of strangers on a public forum who don't know you from Adam think anyway? Don't let it upset you.

It happens every day here. There is a good chance the prices are higher on the Sky. With only 3/4 day cruises and everyone wanting to squeeze in everything the demand for seating could be much higher and so the higher prices. With the fares for the Sky they need to make money somewhere :D

I know when we took a two nighter on the Gem in 2007 there was NO availability in the specialty restaurants.

And that is an interesting point about profit as those recent Sky cruises were very cheap.

It's also interesting that my TA received the random breakdown of prices with no explanation. Maybe she was just confirming the current pricing because there were some recent discrepancies.

Sorry, just now getting this scan up, as I have been busy, and had to have somebody else upload this scan for me. Here is our bill, showing the charge of $50 for Cagney's.

http://www.info-res.com/ehill/ttol/temp/ncl.pdf

And no, people, I'm not defensive, except when people basically call me a liar. Having read here the cost was $20 per person, that's what I expected. Got on the ship and it was $25 PP. We paid it anyway. I personally don't care that much what the price was. I do care that people basically call me a liar.

Sorry, just now getting this scan up, as I have been busy, and had to have somebody else upload this scan for me. Here is our bill, showing the charge of $50 for Cagney's.

http://www.info-res.com/ehill/ttol/temp/ncl.pdf

And no, people, I'm not defensive, except when people basically call me a liar. Having read here the cost was $20 per person, that's what I expected. Got on the ship and it was $25 PP. We paid it anyway. I personally don't care that much what the price was. I do care that people basically call me a liar.

After I posted saying not to be so defensive, I read the other thread where you talked about this as well and I do think maybe you were attacked some what on that thread and figured that the feelings from that thread may have bled over into this thread. I really do not think anyone on this thread was trying to attack your character or anything.. I really do believe people are just trying to figure out what is going on with the prices.

Here is an interesting find pertaining to Sky menus.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/567235064lSMeqJ

This shows both Le Bistro and Steakhouse menus with prices. $20 for the Steakhouse and $25 for Le Bistro along with prices for premium meals. This the first time I have seen prices on NCL menus.

This user also has menus from the Star that have no prices on them.

PE

Having sailed on the Sky on 1/12, I can confirm that Cagney's charge is now $25. We were a little surprised, but had viewed all the menus for the specialty restaurants before leaving and chose Cagney's over the others. We checked the main dining room menus each day as they became available and chose to go to Cagney's on the third night of our four-nighter. When we made the reservation in the atrium that morning, we were told that the charge would be $25 per person. I don't know what the other restaurants charged, but can confirm that Carol is right!

Archived