Prices in specialty restaurants higher now???!!!

starrian

Hi Terry' date='

If I'm recalling correctly from many NCL cruises, the tip at the spec. restaurants shows up as a separate line item. Carol's bill doesn't look like that.

Thanks for all your contributions to this forum. Love your posts and your experiences with NCL are always worth reading![/quote']

Yes, it is separate line item on the bill that you sign. But, only the total amount goes on your portfolio.

PE

Thanks Nita.

I believe the possible confusion creates more problems for the NCL product than the possible benefits (whatever they might be).

While I'm at it.... I wonder how much effort it would take to properly train the NCL Customer Service People at headquarters. In this day and age it should not, IMHO, depend upon who you talk to -to get answers to customers questions about NCL.

I mean we certainly have enough opinions and well intentioned answers from us on CC, but ideally, all it should take is one call to NCL headquarters or customer service to get the "RIGHT" answer.

After all who should know more about NCL than NCL?

don't fret, it is the same on all lines. It is rare to find 2 reservations agents that have the exact same story...

Nita

My husband flew to Florida yesterday out of a small regional airport in Massachusetts. On the way to the airport, we called the airline to make sure the flight (5:15 p.m.) was on time. We were told it was. I dropped my husband off and headed home. He called me on my way home to tell me that the flight would be two hours late taking off. The incoming flight had been delayed by hours because there was no de-icing equip in the Florida airport where the flight originated and they had to wait for the sun to warm things up.

Customer service in general is a problem with mis-information.

Planers Edge--I'm pretty sure we didn't sign anything at Cagney's, even for the $25 PP. We certainly did not end up with any piece of paper afterward. We didn't buy any drinks there, as we used the card we had for a free bottle of wine there. Interesting, they must give those free bottles of wine out like candy, as Cagney's had a specific wine menu for the 'free' bottles of wine.

They took our room key when we made the reservation originally. The little slip they gave us said that they would charge us if we didn't cancel it by 5 PM on the day of the reservation, they would automatically add the cover charge to our onboard charge. Don't know if they really do that or not. But if they just automatically charge it to everyone's onboard account at 5 PM, they don't have to give everyone something to sign at the restaurant. It doesn't really matter that much, but I asked Eric also, and he also said he didn't think we signed anything there. And we definitely didn't end up with any piece of paper afterward. We save the stupid things, I don't know why...

Service wasn't particularly good, I didn't think, for an upcharge restaurant. There were several large tables right around us, so perhaps they forgot to get us our bill to sign, as the other tables seemed very demanding. We had coffee and dessert, so it wasn't like we snuck out or something..

I don't know why someone would not have signed something, we certainly have in all the specialty dining rooms but maybe it was a slip up of some kind..????

Nita

Same here. I have always had to sign a charge slip for a specialty restaurant meal.

They don't charge them all at 5PM, however if you do not show up for your reservation and you did not cancel it by 5PM, later that night it will be charged. Charges can be put onto your bill without a room card being present. When we bought those lottery ticket things two different times we just told the guy what our room number was and signed a ticket. If you read Canadiantwosome's review of her families cruise on the Pearl last week, you see they left without signing anything.. So it can and does happen.

One funny thing that happened to us on the Pearl is we were dining at Cagney's one night and poor Doug got hit with sea sickness right after we placed our order. When they brought the steaks, he was done for. The smell of the food put him over the edge. So I called the server over and told him we had to leave, to please bring us the check. He kept asking what was wrong and I told him Doug was not feeling well. He brought up the check and we signed for it. We went rushing out of the restaurant to get Doug back to the cabin to lay down and the Maitre D (hope I spelled that right) came running out in the waiting area after us. He thought we had just gotten up and left and not signed our check.. The waiter came running after him telling him.."NO NO.. they signed... they signed it..".. LOL.. Anyway.. once he found out we had signed.. he was so worried that something had been wrong with the service or the food.. etc.. He was really concerned, but we just kept telling him all was ok, that Doug just needed to go lay down. He invited us to come back on another night for no charge. I really thought that was a classy thing for him to do. Doug and I got such a chuckle out of him chasing us down. It was like something out of a movie or something.

They don't charge them all at 5PM, however if you do not show up for your reservation and you did not cancel it by 5PM, later that night it will be charged. Charges can be put onto your bill without a room card being present. When we bought those lottery ticket things two different times we just told the guy what our room number was and signed a ticket. If you read Canadiantwosome's review of her families cruise on the Pearl last week, you see they left without signing anything.. So it can and does happen.

"It made it that much funnier when we got back to the cabin and the phone rang... we’d left without paying!! Ha ha ha They thought it was quite funny as well, and were happy to wait until we picked up our daughter from Kid’s Crew for my husband to come in rather than having to send someone down to our cabin."

...and they went back later and signed for their dinner.

I have never not signed for dinner that was not comped. Sometimes we have even received a check for $0 that we could write in a tip and then sign. That is my experience, but then again maybe things run differently on shorter cruise.

PE

Service wasn't particularly good, I didn't think, for an upcharge restaurant. There were several large tables right around us, so perhaps they forgot to get us our bill to sign, as the other tables seemed very demanding. We had coffee and dessert, so it wasn't like we snuck out or something..

Carol this happened to us on Princess last year. We were pretty disappointed in the service at one sur charge dining room. There were 2 large groups plus a couple tables of guests that I would assume from converstations and attention were suite guests, so we felt totally overlooked. Pat did leave a cash tip, I was sorry, afterwards he did. The lack of service almost spoiled the wonderful food experience.

Of course then there was our waiter on HAL with the phony french accent that didn't know when to back off. We were with some friends, trying to enjoy our meal and visit but he just was at our table constantly. I think all 4 of us wanted to scream "leave me alone"""

Really I am not hard to please or cranky..LOL

Nita

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that Impressions (Italian) on Dawn is still $10. We were a party of 4 and each of us gave his/her room card. There was a line for an additional tip.

There were no 2 for 1 nights, but there was a special list of stuff as perks if you bought the Cruise Reward Certificate ($250 to hold a future cruise, with $100 on board credit on the current ship) and one of the perks was a B1G1.

Got off the Sky on January 26th and Cagney's was absolutely $25. I don't know why the Sky is different then other NCL ships but it is. When I was asking about making a reservation for Cagney's, the girl at the reservation said to me 3 times...."you know it is a $25 cover charge correct?" I'm guessing they don't want people blowing their stack when they assume that it's $20 like all other NCL ships and then see their bill.

CG

Got off the Sky on January 26th and Cagney's was absolutely $25. I don't know why the Sky is different then other NCL ships but it is. When I was asking about making a reservation for Cagney's, the girl at the reservation said to me 3 times...."you know it is a $25 cover charge correct?" I'm guessing they don't want people blowing their stack when they assume that it's $20 like all other NCL ships and then see their bill.

CG

CG.. does the Sky just offer three and four day cruises? If so, do you think maybe it is because on a shorter cruise there would be more of a demand for Cagneys? I am very surprised they haven't raised the cost of LeBistro if that is the case now that I think of it because LeBistro is probably as popular as Cagneys.

CG.. does the Sky just offer three and four day cruises? If so, do you think maybe it is because on a shorter cruise there would be more of a demand for Cagneys? I am very surprised they haven't raised the cost of LeBistro if that is the case now that I think of it because LeBistro is probably as popular as Cagneys.

I have no idea why it's higher Terry. I would guess that you are right and it has something to do with the shorter cruises.

I was surprised that LeBistro was $15. It seems that Cagney's is the only restaurant on the Sky that charges more.

CG

• 1 year later...
What price went up $135??

Seems like a non-sequitur based on the thread, but the only thing I can think of that costs $135 (that recently went up in price) is the Honeymoon/Anniversary Package. Also, I know people always want others to search for topics and answers whenever possible, but why was this year-old thread dredged up from the past?

;)Honeymoon / Anniversary Package is currently $135.00 and includes:

Sparkling Wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation

Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening

Honeymooners' Champagne and Cake party

Honeymoon photograph

Romantic dinner for two in Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

Also, I know people always want others to search for topics and answers whenever possible, but why was this year-old thread dredged up from the past?

least it was only a year.....lol...the other day there was something and it was posted on like it was just CURRENT and the thread was like 4 years old....lol....

least it was only a year.....lol...the other day there was something and it was posted on like it was just CURRENT and the thread was like 4 years old....lol....

Yup. The Freestyle deck thread, right?

Archived