bobsledding

jean0151

We just got off Carnival Freedom yesterday. We, as a family, did this excursion. It was less expensive to just pay for the sky explorer and purchase seperate tickets for bobsledding or ziplining. 5 rides for $40. I sat by the pool and ha d acocktail while the rest of them rode. Also, I wish I had known the sleds are one man, but you can hook up if a bit nervous about being by yourself. I may have done that but didn't work out. also, the trolley tour in key west was worth the money--great way for us to get a bit of history and not get blisters on our feet. You can just hop on and off at differerent stops. My son dropped his wallet on the trolley as we were getting off. He realized after we arrived at the beach and I called the main office--they dispatched the driver and his wallet was waiting for us as we got back on the Freedom... Can't say enough.... Have fun.

We just got off Carnival Freedom yesterday. We, as a family, did this excursion. It was less expensive to just pay for the sky explorer and purchase seperate tickets for bobsledding or ziplining. 5 rides for $40. I sat by the pool and ha d acocktail while the rest of them rode. Also, I wish I had known the sleds are one man, but you can hook up if a bit nervous about being by yourself. I may have done that but didn't work out. also, the trolley tour in key west was worth the money--great way for us to get a bit of history and not get blisters on our feet. You can just hop on and off at differerent stops. My son dropped his wallet on the trolley as we were getting off. He realized after we arrived at the beach and I called the main office--they dispatched the driver and his wallet was waiting for us as we got back on the Freedom... Can't say enough.... Have fun.

Although I am sailing on RC, can you please tell me more about this bobsledding.

We will be in Foulmouth which I hear is about 30 minutes from Montego Bay.

Was bobsledding by there?

Since I was little, I have ALWAYS wanted to bobsled since watching it in the olympics.

This would be fantatic.

We will be a group of 6, 2 adults and 4 children, the youngest being 12 and 3-16 year olds.

Thanks!

Hey there, last week we did the mystic mountain and chair lift, it was really cool! My whole family enjoyed it, I dont remember seeing an age limit for the bobsled, I think there was a height though. YOu can connect the sleds as you mentioned and that is just as fun! I am not sure about the ziplining. The grounds were really nice and clean, and everyone was super friendly. They had a little gift shop, and the pool was nice. A little small, but refreshing and there is a water slide as well. You could definatly spend a few hours here, and the chair lift up the mountain was really pretty. It was one of my favorite excursions! Enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

I'm confused about the age requirement as well. RCCL has a minimum age of 12 for the bobsled excursion and won't let me book it for my youngest, but MM has an age of 8. I guess we'll have to go on our own so that my 10 year old son can bobsled. Are there any tour companies that offer this excursion?

• 3 weeks later...

just did the bobsled at majestic mountain. it was one of my favorite parts of the cruise! we booked through cruise line. and it was worth every cent. bus took you to majestic mountain (about 10 minutes from port) we got on the lift and took an amazing ride to the top. the view was WONDERFUL. it took about 15 minutes or more to get to the top. then went on bobsled. no age limit but height limit. the ride was great. we purchased an incredible photo of us while riding. then you took the lift down and caught the bus. we loved it. no strenuous climbing of the falls for me!!

Archived