Drinks

cajuinbell

Do you mean that your group is going to purchase a bar set up ahead of time so it will be in your cabin when you arrive? And you want to know the brands that are available? There are "tiers" showing the top shelf ones at a premium price. First do a general search on this site using "bar set up" and maybe you'll get a general idea. Go to the NCL.com website and look under gifts, I think. I have seen the lists posted here, but NCL doesn't love to print them. Usually it has to be done by phone.

When we ordered a bottle of Absolute in April it was $40 plus $3 set up charge. A few sailings later they were charging $80.

Don't try to smuggle it or you'll be embarrassed. Your luggage will not be delivered to your cabin and you'll have to stand in line with other "smugglers" or suspected smugglers. When they find the booze they will confiscate it and only give it back on the last night of the cruise. Now rum runners are another thing....

if you can get a group of 20 or more one one cruise to get together and say they want the adult beverage program it's about $330 per person. Everyone in the group has to buy it. The program is unlimited beer, wine and mixed drinks. But nothing top shelf though, you have to pay for that when you want it.

The group program is rather restrictive. I think you must first have BOOKED as a group and not just be a bunch of "new friends". Everybody in the group must pay. No exceptions.

Therefore it is very rare that anyone takes this program. It is on the ncl.com website someplace.

The group program is rather restrictive. I think you must first have BOOKED as a group and not just be a bunch of "new friends". Everybody in the group must pay. No exceptions.

Therefore it is very rare that anyone takes this program. It is on the ncl.com website someplace.

I think Gary's right, but someone should really find out, because it'd be great to get your roll call to sign up.

here's the link

http://www.ncl.com/csimages/299/431/BeveragePackage.pdf

In reading the small print below, I don't see why a group can't be a roll call.

I thought I had read more rules on group once before, but...

Anyway, the full booze option is $46 per day which does come to a bit. Never heard of anyone taking advantage of it other than corporate and a few of those sponsored groups like Radio Stations.

Anyway, the full booze option is $46 per day which does come to a bit. Never heard of anyone taking advantage of it other than corporate and a few of those sponsored groups like Radio Stations.

Yes, $46 per person is a lot. $92 per couple. But with drink prices as they are on NCL, it wouldn't take a ton of effort to drink $46 worth. A few foo foo drinks, a martini or two, wine, beer... It adds up.

we're trying to get a group together in our roll call for it. usually we go one day drinking, one day not so that we don't spend so much. but we can definitely break that amount per day. especially since our cruise has st. patrick's day involved! it's vacation, live a little

It is my understanding that the group beverage programs are designed for groups that are booked as groups, and it is then offered to those groups that qualify. By the way, the group coordinator on the Pearl last week mentioned that she had a group of 1,400 this week. It would be interesting to learn what that group was and I can only imagine what it would be like if they purchased the drink package!!

There was a group on our Dawn sailing last march that did the drink package, and I can assure you that they made sure that they got their $46 worth!!

I have done the unlimited drink package on the Spirit in '07 and the Majesty in '06 over spring break with just fellow spring break partying friends. Some were college students and some had recently graduated.

Just about every 'normal' type of booze was included. Much to our delight, jagermeister was included, as well as red bull, and evian those giant bottles of evian water. The only liquor that was not included was like Patron, Grand Marnier, Top Shelf Johnny Walker, etc.

These two weaks with the drink package and great friends were some of the most fun weeks of my life.

These two weaks with the drink package and great friends were some of the most fun weeks of my life.

Sorry...couldn't help myself...this sentence made me laugh...just after stating with recent college grads. :)

The package makes the cruise all-inclusive and is a heck of a bargain really...think if you paid $750 for a balcony and then the upcost for the package, that's $1,100 for an all-inclusive resort. That being said, think of how your liquor cabinet at home would look if you went and purchased $300 of liquor of non-top shelf brand alcohol? NCL could probably make a killing if they offered this as an option to everyone as they probably pay far less than what we would pay at a normal retailer; however, there would be a LOT of issues on board I would think. And perhaps some safety concerns.

I guess i should have put more details. We have a group with like 40 people going on the cruise with us. My fiance well going to husband on the cruise drinks crown and coke. I drink only mixed drinks. But if i have too i guess i can start drinking beer if i had too.

It is my understanding that the group beverage programs are designed for groups that are booked as groups, and it is then offered to those groups that qualify. By the way, the group coordinator on the Pearl last week mentioned that she had a group of 1,400 this week. It would be interesting to learn what that group was and I can only imagine what it would be like if they purchased the drink package!!

There was a group on our Dawn sailing last march that did the drink package, and I can assure you that they made sure that they got their $46 worth!!

I also read that a group must be booked as a group, but maybe that's just a terrible, terrible rumor.

Maybe Nita could work her magic and find out. :D

some of the packages say they can be bought on a day by day basis, like the wine package at $30 pp per day, or the combo beer & wine for less. It really doesn't specify that they all had to be booked together, just that all members of a group of 20 must purchase in order to get the rates.

Sounds like someone needs to figure if there is a way to make a "group" of those people already booked and then purchase a drink package. Sounds like a great idea. It amazes me that they don't offer this to non-groups. Seems like they would avoid the whole smuggling issue if they would make this compromise. People would enjoy the cruise more too! ;)

I'm doing this deal and it came about to be a little under $350 for 7 days on unlimited alcohol...I'm not sure what tier that includes - but I'd assume the lower end

Are you booked with a group?

Archived