Titou Gorge v. Emerald Pool

*CruiseFan*

My husband and I are looking to book with Levi of Bumpiing Tours and are trying to decide between two tours. One tour will take us to:

Morne Bruce

Botanical Gardens

Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs

Trafalgar Falls

Emerald Pool

Champagne Reef

and the other is

Morne Bruce

Botanical Gardens

Trafalgar Falls

Titou Gorge

Champagne Reef

Basically, I'm trying to decide which is more of a "must see" than the other.

Thanks!

We are booked with Levi for tour 2 in Feb. I picked my tour because I wanted to see the falls and Emerald Pool. I have heard many wonderful things about Levi's tours. Looking forward to exploring Dominica

We were there last week & did the latter of the two tours you mentioned. I found Titou Gorge fascinating. The water was very cold, but I felt like I was swimming through a Disney movie set. Smooth stone with light streaming in through the crack in the rocks above. I wouldn't have missed it!!

My husband and I are looking to book with Levi of Bumpiing Tours and are trying to decide between two tours. One tour will take us to:

Morne Bruce

Botanical Gardens

Trafalgar Falls

Emerald Pool

Champagne Reef

and the other is

Morne Bruce

Botanical Gardens

Trafalgar Falls

Titou Gorge

Champagne Reef

Basically, I'm trying to decide which is more of a "must see" than the other.

Thanks!

We took Levi's second tour last year in April, and it was the highlight of our 2-week cruise. Titou Gorge in particular is outstanding - you swim up a very narrow gorge, with sheer rock walls maybe 30 or 40 feet high and at times only 3 feet or so wide, to the waterfall and pool at the head of the gorge. You hear the waterfall and feel the current get stronger as you get closer, but you can't see it until right at the end - it's around a corner. The water isn't over your head in most places, so if you get too tired swimming against the current you can just stand up. The water wasn't that cold - it was about what you'd experience in a New Hampshire lake in the summer, maybe 70 degrees, but definitely a shock compared to the warm water of the Caribbean.

Trafalgar Falls was great, too. The water at the bottom gets warmed by flowing through a volcanic vent, and there are several pools of warm water between the boulders at the bottom that you sit in, like natural hot tubs. The adventurous could try climbing over the rocks up to the base of one or the other falls, but we were time constrained and nobody did it.

Champagne Reef was interesting, basically just a spot in the sea where bubbles rise to the surface from underwater vents and you swim through them.

Don't remember the sulphur springs, don't think we went there, but the hot spring water mixing with the waterfall water at Trafalgar Falls was like a hot spring spa treatment.

Morne Bruce and the botanical gardens were nothing special, one a scenic overlook and the other a narrated tour through a cultivated garden of diferent tropical plants. Both interesting, but I would have gladly skipped them in favor of more time at Trafalgar Falls, or maybe a trip to Emerald Pool.

Archived