Likelihood of getting side by side cabins when booking guarantee?

When you book two inside stateroom guarantees (can't recall if that's what it's called...the cheapest option) is it possible to get two rooms side by side, or do they just throw you wherever they can put you?

Remember, a guarantee means you are guaranteed at least that category. Not only is is very unlikely you will be side by side, but one of you may even end up in a higher category. All you can do is call the cruise line and request side by side. I don't know if they can or can't honor that in a guarantee booking.

We recently booked two inside gtys. We were expecting to be separated. We had already decided I would share a room with son(13) and wife would share the other with daughter(9) definitely not close together. We linked the ressies for dinner though. We were blown away to be assigned adjoining PR rooms. WAY TO GO RCL! We're really happy cruisers right now:)

My friend, my two daughters and I booked two gty insides, as well. We just couldn't beat the $449 per person for a 7 nighter leaving out of Galveston on April 5, 2009. We linked our reservations for dinner and just the other day we checked and we both have been assigned PR rooms right next to each other on deck 6. Did you link your ressie's for dinner? I am sure that is what helped us.

Good luck,

Sharon

Kentucky

For our May 08 Radiance cruise our group of six booked two insides and one balcony guarantees, linked our bookings together for dining, etc. and we all got cabins on different decks (4,7 and 8) but in the same section (starboard front quadrant) of the ship. All were adults so that may have made a difference than with a reservation for two adults with two children booking two guarantees.

A few weeks ago we switched our balcony reservation to GTY, but left our inside cabin selected to ensure our PR stateroom. Figured it was likely we would continue to get a balcony on Deck 6 since that was the cheapest option and near our other (linked reservation) cabin. Our GTY cabin was recently assigned to a Deck 10 cabin. Essentially, this was a significant upgrade, so I won't complain about not being near our other cabin. Interestingly, when I called with some follow up questions, I think they had the ages of our kids wrong in their system (had them as adults), so I am wondering if they would have kept us closer had they understood the dynamics.

We booked 2 interior guarantee staterooms. We were almost immediatley assigned 2 promenade staterooms on deck 7, but they were not next to each other. We were able to call and change our rooms to connecting promenade staterooms on deck 8. After you are assigned, you can call and switch rooms as long as they are in the same category.

We booked 2 inside Gty's on the 8/28 Alaska sailing on Rhapsody. Got our room assignments the very next day, and no real upgrade at all. Both next door to each other but on lowest deck (2) but midship. Maybe the reason was another couple booked a Cat. N and they had their res linked to ours, so they kept all 3 cabins close together. We are platinum and previously had VERY good upgrades on all of our gty's, so I'm somewhat disappointed, but also glad to be near the other 2 couples. I just hope the elevators are quick because we will definitely be using them!! I'm one who still considers inside to inside a real upgrade if it's on a much higher deck. I'd rather be high and inside than low and oceanview, but that's just me. Like I say, we've usually had really good luck with upgrades, just not this time. Oh well (sigh).

When you book two inside stateroom guarantees (can't recall if that's what it's called...the cheapest option) is it possible to get two rooms side by side, or do they just throw you wherever they can put you?

We booked 3 for our 4/5/09 Voyager cruise and got 2 next to each other and the other 2 rooms down....... not bad in my opinion!! And they are all Promenade Rooms!!

We booked 3 for our 4/5/09 Voyager cruise and got 2 next to each other and the other 2 rooms down....... not bad in my opinion!! And they are all Promenade Rooms!!

Are you getting cruise transfers to and from the airport. They tell me because I am flying on my own a day early I can't get their transfers. I was just curious as to how you planned.

Thanks

If you have to book more than 1 cabin I thought booking a guarantee was "risky" - that's why its cheaper. :confused:

Doesnt seem fair to those (like me:rolleyes:) who pay full price to "guarantee" that they have 2 or more cabins together.

Ok...just need to vent a little.

Happy Cruising...

~Connie

We switched from side by side promanade rooms on the Christmas Cruise on the Explorer when a last minute guarantee saved us big bucks. We were afraid we would be seperated, but fortunately we were placed side by side on the inside guarantees.

I recently turned-in a category "L" inside cabin on deck 7 for a guarantee "Z cabin and saved a few bucks. I got assigned an "N" on deck 2 and called RC to move the cabin from Deck 2 to Deck 7 still staying within the assigned "N category. We ended up with a cabin right next to the "L" I had given up. I think it's always worth a shot if you're not picky with what deck you might end up on. Hopefully, you can move around to where cabins will be at least near each other.

Now I can use the savings to plan my next RC cruise.

Please be careful booking guarantees if you have to be together. Some people have gotten lucky as you've seen above, but others haven't. And if you are assigned cabins in different areas, you cannot count on them allowing you to move cabins - sometimes they allow it with guarantees, sometimes they don't.

Archived