Celebrity Summit 12 night classical mediterranean Aug 08

April Jewel

Good evening, Tammy & Kev

This is fantastic :cool::)!! Thanks you so much for sharing your experience, enjoyments, ''incident'' and overall good memories of your sailing.

Superb photos, most agreable writing.

Cheers;)

If you are interested in reading our trip report and watching some videos from some of the ports. Please click on the link Homepage and click on Med Cruise 2008 button

Tammy

Thanks so much for posting a link to your website.

I really enjoyed your report and the pictures were wonderful!!:D

Linda

• 4 weeks later...

Tammy,

Thanks to you (and family) for letting all of us peek into your wonderful vacation. DH and I are bringing two teen boys with us, so it was great to hear about how all of you spent time together and apart to make it the most enjoyable. Could you tell me though, how much you needed to have cash on your excursions? I am a credit card person, and usually don't carry much cash, so I'd like to be prepared.

We are doing this same cruise end of June '09. First time cruisers with another family - 3 teenagers. I love the idea of you setting out on your own and not doing the tours. . did you do a lot research beforehand to find out best how to utilize your time? We don't want to spend a whole day fumbling around. . we thought we would get a private guide for a few hours in some of the major cities - Florence, Rome, Athens, and then have time to ourselves. What do you think?

Marcia:)

Tammy,

Thanks to you (and family) for letting all of us peek into your wonderful vacation. DH and I are bringing two teen boys with us, so it was great to hear about how all of you spent time together and apart to make it the most enjoyable. Could you tell me though, how much you needed to have cash on your excursions? I am a credit card person, and usually don't carry much cash, so I'd like to be prepared.

Hard to tell really - we took around £1000 of Euros which were then a better exchange rate than now - also took some Kuna - but even being quite thrifty we found we needed to get more money out.

Have a wonderful time

Tammy

We are doing this same cruise end of June '09. First time cruisers with another family - 3 teenagers. I love the idea of you setting out on your own and not doing the tours. . did you do a lot research beforehand to find out best how to utilize your time? We don't want to spend a whole day fumbling around. . we thought we would get a private guide for a few hours in some of the major cities - Florence, Rome, Athens, and then have time to ourselves. What do you think?

Marcia:)

Yes we did do a lot of research beforehand - to us that is part of the enjoyment of planning a holiday. We found www.europeportreviews.com, obviously this website and a good cruising guide book - see my summary in my report for details - to be wonderful sources of information and inspiration.

A lot of people find the private guides a great help and I think this, coupled with time on your own to explore, could possibly be the best of both worlds.

As I explained our budget just did not stretch to doing any private tours but we certainly made the most of our DIY touring and would recommend it to anyone prepared to do their research

Have a wonderful cruise - it really is the most amazing itinerary and I am sure you won't be disappointed

Tammy

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much, what a wonderful morning we spent with you yesterday. You've put in so much work, we really appreciate it. We're a family of four with two teenage girls, we'll be doing the reverse itinerary this June. Thanks again, hope the disk is well. Ken Ogren

12 Night Classical Mediterranean Cruise on Celebrity Summit

Price : $4299.00 (USD)

Here on Santorini, you'll find whitewashed houses accented by roofs of the bluest blue - there's no doubt that azure waters of the Aegean have served as creative inspiration. Among the many historic sites on the island is the ancient city of Akrotiri, once buried under a thick blanket of volcanic ash over 3,600 years ago. One of the world's most beautiful cities also happens to be one of its most unusual. Because the city is connected by canals instead of streets, a good way to see Venice is on a romantic gondola ride. The epicenter of the city is St. Mark's Square, you'll find the 900-year-old Basilica of St. Mark. Here on Santorini, you'll find whitewashed houses accented by roofs of the bluest blue - there's no doubt that azure waters of the Aegean have served as creative inspiration. Among the many historic sites on the island is the ancient city of Akrotiri, once buried under a thick blanket of volcanic ash over 3,600 years ago.

Fuel Supplement Disclaimer

Note: For all North America reservations made on or after June 30, 2008, a fuel supplement of $10.00 per person, per day for the first two guests in a stateroom (subject to a maximum of $140 per person) applies; each additional guest in the stateroom will be charged $5.00 per person, per day (subject to a maximum of $70.00 per person).

Archived