Entertainer dies on Carnival Ship?

LindaJSteele

Our local news did a quick promo regarding someone (I think named McClellan or something like that) that is some type of Christian entertainer (only 33) and that he died while aboard a Carnival ship. Of course, they haven't said anything else about it, and it's not on their website. Has anyone else heard this? Sounds like a tragic story - not anyone going overboard or anything like that.

Yes, a recent one. It sounded from the promo as though he may have had a heart attack or something similar. I don't think he was a Carnival entertainer, though. I'm still watching the news, but they've said nothing after that promo at 5 o'clock.

There was an entertainer, singer I believe, that went overboard accidently a few weeks ago. He was standing on part of the railing to take a picture and fell. I don't remember his name though. Is this a recent incident?

If you do a search in Google on Carnival and entertainer several stories pop up. This happened on Jan. 1 or 2.

It was on the Carnival Sensation just after midnight New Years Eve. (technically New Years Day). His name was Antonio Matabang, age 25. As mentioned above he fell over a railing. Sea conditions were rough with high winds.

Had to have an underlying heart condition or strong family history...

Come to think of it...Does anybody remember seeing defibrillators anywhere on the ship...I'd be very suprised if they weren't all around the ship. They are everywhere now and the only way somebody like that would have any chance.

My coworker was on the Fascination for that cruise, and he just returned today and was talking about it this morning. I coincidentally heard about it on the Christian radio station I listen to on the way to work (in Baltimore). Tragic at such a young age. Short time on earth, but eternity with the Lord.

Archived