Anyone taken post-cruise San Juan excursions?

Shep_Proudfoot

Because we had a later flight home on the Saturday the Summit was to return to port, we had planned to book a post-cruise San Juan excursion through Celebrity. This excursion ended at the airport. However, with the 1/31 sailing having been shortened to 6 days and the ship returning/excursion now being offered on Friday we are not sure if this is still an option for us. Because our flight is unchanged and we are staying the night the ship returns in San Juan we would actually be looking to take a cab from the airport to the nearby hotel for the last night of our vacation.

My question is, do you have control over all of your own luggage at all times (does all of the luggage come with you on the tour) or do these post-cruise tours that end at the airport require you to check your non-carry-on bags for a specific flight in advance of taking the tour so that these tours are only appropriate for those flying out same day?

Because we had a later flight home on the Saturday the Summit was to return to port, we had planned to book a post-cruise San Juan excursion through Celebrity. This excursion ended at the airport. However, with the 1/31 sailing having been shortened to 6 days and the ship returning/excursion now being offered on Friday we are not sure if this is still an option for us. Because our flight is unchanged and we are staying the night the ship returns in San Juan we would actually be looking to take a cab from the airport to the nearby hotel for the last night of our vacation.

My question is, do you have control over all of your own luggage at all times (does all of the luggage come with you on the tour) or do these post-cruise tours that end at the airport require you to check your non-carry-on bags for a specific flight in advance of taking the tour so that these tours are only appropriate for those flying out same day?

I would be sure my luggage got on the bus I was touring on. If the bus was going to pass my hotel, I would stay outside and see that my luggage was on last and where it was. Get the driver to drop me off close to the hotel I was going to spend the night rather than have to go to the airport and back to the hotel. Of course if the hotel was going to be close to the airport you could probably use a hotel shuttle from the airport.

Archived