How do we get to the car rental place on Lahaina?

ElsieToo

HELP! I'm totally confused about renting a car in Maui. Itinerary says the ship tenders at Lahaina Maui, but when I try to book a rental I get 3 choices for Maui - Kapalua Airport, Maui Marriott and West Maui Rental. Which is the closest to the pier where the ship will tender in their pax? Thanks.

Closest is actually the Maui Marriott but I suspect that the car rental shuttle will take you to the Kapalua airport location (it's OK, you'll probably have better selection that way). It's not that much of a difference in distance.

Spleen

I can tell you that the Maui Marriott is in south Ka'anapali and not far from Lahaina. I don't know if Kapalua airport is West Maui airport. I'd actually be a bit surprised if it was because West Maui airport (the only thing I've ever heard it called) is technically in Honokowai (I think). If the West Maui rental you mention is on Halawai Drive, then it is the one I'm thinking of that has several rental companies all in a row. BUT it's been a while, so things have very likely changed. If it is on Halawai, it would be very convenient as it is right off of 30. Still, I'd have to say that it and the Maui Marriott would be a push time-wise.

Any locals out there know for sure?

beachchick

Archived