Birthday decorations in stateroom question

Illmaxict

I will be on the Mariner in June and I will be traveling with a friend of mine who is turning 21 during the voyage. Has anyone ever had birthday decorations in their stateroom and what does it consist of and how much is the cost? thank you!

There are paper streamers, a paper fan that says "Happy Birthday" and that's about it. Not worth the cost IMHO. You could do a better job decorating yourself when your friend's back was turned. The surprise element is what you're paying for. I say spend your money on a nice bouquet of flowers for the room, or welcome aboard champagne and strawberries. She is turning 21, right? :D

I have surprised friends with wedding decorations, and they said they were great!

Just remember your friend will NOT be able to drink, while on board. She will be carrying a SeaPass card that shows she is only 20...they go by the age you are when you board the ship. It doesn't matter when she turns 21.

Well... I've had it as "surprise" for me.... there is a sign on the door, then a huge hanging "chandelier" as well as streamers.... in a small room it really is a "wow". On the link provided by Madonna3 and also click on the link at the bottom of the ad that states "Check out our Photo Gallery of the collection!" There you will get an excellent picture of all three components.

I liked it so much that have purchased on several occasions for others... and everyone likes. You can fold up most of the decorations and take with you... and can re-use... which I have done:D

I have surprised friends with wedding decorations, and they said they were great!

Just remember your friend will NOT be able to drink, while on board. She will be carrying a SeaPass card that shows she is only 20...they go by the age you are when you board the ship. It doesn't matter when she turns 21.

yes, i am aware of the rule that you maintain the same age the whole cruise if your birthday is on the trip. However I have been on a cruise as a minor and I've known plenty of other people as well, and well, to be frank, there are quite a few ways to ingest a drink or two on board ;)

• 2 years later...
yes, i am aware of the rule that you maintain the same age the whole cruise if your birthday is on the trip. However I have been on a cruise as a minor and I've known plenty of other people as well, and well, to be frank, there are quite a few ways to ingest a drink or two on board ;)

I know this is 2 years old but in case anyone else stumbles upon it.. that is not the rule. You can go to the front desk and get them to update your sea pass card if you turn 21 during your sailing. They will change it and you will be able to drink.

There are paper streamers, a paper fan that says "Happy Birthday" and that's about it. Not worth the cost IMHO. You could do a better job decorating yourself when your friend's back was turned. The surprise element is what you're paying for. I say spend your money on a nice bouquet of flowers for the room, or welcome aboard champagne and strawberries. She is turning 21, right? :D
Had my fathers room decorated last year on Allure and we all thought they did a great job of decorating the room! Streamers and dohickeys and whirrleymajigs hung from the ceiling, happy birthday sign on the door, streamers. Very happy with it...IMHO:)

Archived