Our Oosterdam Experience 11/7 ~ 11/14/04

HeatherInFlorida

Heather, I noticed the exceptional quality of your photos. They appear to be a combination of a talented photographer and a superior camera. I am shopping for a new digital camera and would love to know which camera you used. Thanks!

Yes, I love this camera . It's actually my 2nd ... I made a big mistake with the first. It's the Olympus Stylus 300 Digital All Weather. What I love is the size: only 2" x 4" and 1" deep, it can go in your pocket. It takes the new XD Picture card. Good luck with your shopping!

Heather, I finally got a chance to read your review, Very Well Done. Thanks. I have to agree that the food on the Oosterdam in May was just OK except the fresh fish we had in Alaska was wonderful. I will say that just having gotten off the Ryndam we thought that the food was better over all than it was on the Oosterdam. I do think they are using much better Lobsters than before.

We also loved Capt. Mercer he was great I only hope he will still be the Captain when we go back on the Oosterdam in October 2005.

I also loved that thermal suite it was great and I plan to do it again on the Westerdam in March.

Thanks again for posting you review, I really enjoyed it

We were in cabin 5085 on the same cruise and agree completely with your excellent report. This was our 10th HAL cruise and we were a little concerned that the new tipping policy would mean less attentive service. Thankfully, we were wrong. We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to our third transatlantic next fall if we can get a good deal.

Archived