MSC Poesia drink questions

doxiegal

Thinking of booking a 10 nighter on the MSC Poesia. Just a couple of questions. Do they serve regular water at night in the dining room? I have heard they don't and you have to but bottled water. Do they have self serve water fountains in the buffet area? Again, I have heard you cannot get water in the buffet area, unless you ask a waiter, then they bring a very small glass. Do they have free Ice Cream up on the sun decks, like other cruise ships? And lastly, can you bring soda or bottled water on board in your luggage? Has anyone done this recently?

Everything you have heard is more or less true.

However, if you are booking through an American TA you will normally receive a voucher booklet for a bottle of water for each day of your cruise..(not so here in Europe I'm afraid,) which helps a little. Also, you may be able to get a jug of water at dinner. I think a lot depends on your waiter, so I wouldn't count on it but it is worth a try.

I didn't see a self serve water fountain in the buffet.

Yes, you do have to pay for the ice cream on deck as that isn't included in your cruise price. It is served as a dessert in the dining room though if you wish to try it.

We openly brought on a pack of bottled water when in port, just put it on the belt, no problem.

We ware thinking of taking the 10 night Caribbean sailing on the Poesia. I read on another thread the water issues seem to be confined to European sailings. People have said that on the caribbean sailings there is water at dinner and in the buffet area. Let's hope this is true. But it is a bummer about the Ice cream. We will try to carry on in our luggage a 12 pk of soda.

We ware thinking of taking the 10 night Caribbean sailing on the Poesia. I read on another thread the water issues seem to be confined to European sailings. People have said that on the caribbean sailings there is water at dinner and in the buffet area. Let's hope this is true. But it is a bummer about the Ice cream. We will try to carry on in our luggage a 12 pk of soda.

Ah, sorry, I assumed you were talking about a Med cruise as the Poesia isn't in the Caribbean yet. In that case, you can ignore almost everything I said. :)

Water will be available at meal times in the Caribbean and I assume in the buffet area. Ice cream isn't free on deck..but who knows, that maybe one of the changes they implement in the Caribbean this season. :)

If you look at the bar prices on the thread "beer prices on the Ochestra"

and change the $ to Euros it is the same as the European bar

list I have for the Tequila bar on the Poesia. Don't know how they

work their prices out but us Europeans seem to be getting ripped off!!

6.90euros for a short or mixed spirit drink.

2.50euros for a can of coke, sprite etc

1.10 euros for expresso coffee

1.50euros for a capaccino

5.90euros for an Irish Coffee

Even saving 15% these prices are over the top even for Europe.

It is much better value purchasing the packages of wine, beer and soft drinks than buying singular. Why they can't make it simple by reasonable

prices over the bar!

Unfortunatley I cannot download my list:confused:

Archived