S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1628

Class –AQUA

Starboard or Port Side -STARBOARD

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –BALCONY

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –VERY QUIET

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –CABIN LOCATED AFTER THE HUMP / MID-AFT SECTION. I THINK A GOOD LOCATION SINCE IT IS NEAR (MAYBE 50 FT.) THE AFT ELEVATORS TAKING YOU UP TO THE POOL/OCEAN VIEW CAFE OR DOWN TO 3,4,5 NEAR MAIN RESTAURANTS. ALSO ABOVE THERE ARE LOCATED CABINS AND NOT PUBLIC AREAS SUCH AS GYM OR POOL THAT SOME PREVIOUS PASSENGERS, MORE FORWARD ON DECK 11, HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT. A VERY QUIET AND COMFORTABLE ROOM. OBVIOUSLY AFTER THE HUMP SO YOU DO NOT OBSERVE THE BOW BUT IF YOU DON'T MIND THAT THEN WHAT THE HEY. OTHERWISE NO OBSTRUCTIONS.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - NORMAL

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? NONE

Any other comments? MY SAFE WAS A LITTLE TRICKY. I HEARD THE SAME COMPLAINT FROM ANOTHER PASSENGER. YOU HAD TO PUSH ON THE SAFE DOOR AND THEN ENTER THE COMBO FOR IT TO POP OPEN. TWICE I HAD TO CALL GUEST SERVICES TO HAVE A STAFF PERSON COME UP AND OPEN THE SAFE FOR ME BEFORE I GOT THE HANG OF IT. THEY CAME IMMEDIATLEY WITHIN 5 MINUTES WITH AN INSTRUMENT THAT ALLOWED THEM TO OPEN THE SAFE. YOU THEN RE-ENTERED YOUR CODE. IF YOU ARE IN A RUSH AND YOUR WIFE IS WAITING FOR HER JEWELRY BEFORE DINNER IT CAN BE A TENSE SITUATION..LOL

Deck - 8 Vista

Cabin # - 8243

Class – 2A

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Great view. Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Cabin has an upper berth which folds down over the sofa. Great location! Cabin is midship a little forward of the hump - a very stable location and convenient to the elevators.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1194

Class – CC

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet but the people next door where not. No ship news just the people!!

Balcony View - Great view. Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized due to being last cabin before aft.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? One missing bathroom hook (petty point) otherwise perfect.

Any other comments? A bit of a walk from mid elevators as this is the last cabin starboard. We thought the walk was fine and good to work off the food. Would not suggest for anyone with mobility issues.

Edited by robsmom

Equinox

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7220

Class – 2A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard??

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet not sure if next door was occupied much

Balcony View - Fine, you can see the lifeboats if you are at the edge and look down. Balcony Size? Normal - I thought it was very good for a ship of this size, the chairs were nice and they reclined a little

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Problems with one power point but as this was the Inaugural trip I am sure they are still sorting these things out

Any other comments? Reasonble walk from mid elevators

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2107

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – occasionally heard neighbors, but no noise from above or below.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Has a slanted balcony - view was nice, though. No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Seemed slightly oversized due to shape

Was wind a problem? nope

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? none!

Any other comments? we were worried about its proximity to the elevators, but this proved to be our favorite feature. you do not hear any noise from the elevator at all and it was nice to be so close to the elevator, pool and cafe :) PERFECT location, in my opinion!!

Deck - 6 Celebrity Equinox

Cabin # - 6128

Class – 2a

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard ?

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Could hear "thump" from music when shows were on or when they were rehearsals going on-minor problem for us but not so good if children or elderly passengers wanted to sleep.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – could not see right down to water but great view outwards.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? above the theatre/nightclub area-would choose a higher deck

Any other comments?

EQUINOX: Deck 6

Cabin # 6179

Class - Obstructed View

Starboard or Port Side - Left hand side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) - Bath

Quiet Cabin-Yes (but see below)

Balcony View - OK - tender comes up to about waist high, but does not obstruct scenery photos - partial tender obstruction, partial lifeboat obstruction (lifeboat is smaller) - but saving a few hundred quid.......its fine

Was wind a problem? NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Very quiet at night as its over the art gallery......except for 3pm on sea days when the auction is on and it is loud (6,000 6,000, do I hear 7,000)

I posted this on a new thread but wanted to put it here as well. This is a list of hump cabins that are affected by the "X" on the glass and therefore might be undesireable by some. I looked at the below listed photo(photo by Aquahound:)) and used the deck plans to determine cabin numbers. I will try to remember to post this spreadsheet with the cabin list each time. I only did the port side so if you are looking for starboard, just look for the cabin opposite yours for the information. The suites are just approximate as I couldn't see them all in the photo.

DISCLAIMER: I think these are mostly correct but no guarantees given as to the accuracy. If you see a mistake please post the information and I will correct it.

:confused::confused: Hi Donna: Could you be more specific on the type of obstruction --- it looks

like "frosted glass" to me. :( We have this for a B2B next Jan.'10.

Deck - 10 Sky

Cabin # - 1409

Class - C1

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) balcony

Quiet Cabin- Yes, very quiet

Balcony View - Great view - gently sloping aft balconies meant you could be overlooked from above and look down on those below. No cover from the sun

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal (2 panes of glass wide)

Was wind a problem? No, very sheltered

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No, I specifically checked for this

Any other comments? No

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1243

Starboard or Port Side - Port hump

Bed near?(balcony or bath) bath

Quiet Cabin- Yes, very quiet but next to Royal Suite so potential for parties on their huge balcony I suspect

Balcony View - Good

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized, first off the hump cabin - probably 12' deep, but totally covered so little sun

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any other comments? No

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6108

Class –

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – NOT!!!! This is a VERY NOISY CABIN due to being adjacent to work area that is heavily involved with docking. The motors that power the ropes are located here and are very noisy. Pulling into port at 3 a.m. with incredible noise. Noise also off and on during the day. Loud, banging noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice balcony view.

Was wind a problem? Depending on direction prevailing winds.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? Noise

Any other comments? Do not accept this cabin or any cabin very near this one due to noise

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8343

Bed near?(balcony or bath) - Balcony

Quiet Cabin- Very quiet

Balcony View - Good - right at the aft, so you need to lean over the railing to get a view of the wake, and you can see up to the hump - great view out.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized, a little, with an additional triangular piece due to being the last aft cabin.

Any other comments? Great cabin, I'd book it again.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6240

Class – 2B

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quite not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Full view on side of hump no lifeboats in view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large double balcony

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Very good for lifts and stairs

Deck - Penthouse (11)

Cabin # - 1629

Class – AquaClass

Quiet Cabin – Overall quiet. There is a crew compartment across from stateroom but I never heard any noise from there. We did occasionally hear what sounded like running overhead. Not sure what that was from because we had a stateroom over us

Balcony View - Great view. There is a strut on the left hand side but it really didn't affect our view at all. We spent a lot of time on the balcony and it was well worth the additional cost

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? The bed was extremely comfortable and I loved the shower. I'm a big whirlpool tub lover so the body jets were the next best thing. I was impressed with the size of the cabin and we had plenty of storage for everything even though we overpacked. This cabin is very close to the suites so location is great.

Would you happen to have any info on category 07 balconies w/obstructed views Im saling on the transatlantic sailing on 11/05 but im not sure about the cabin, when i booked it it did not say anything about obstructed views and I'm now finding out, any info would be grately appreciated.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6286

Class – 2C

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Between a roof of specialty dining and a lifeboat. Partially obstructed, but it still has a great view.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? No

Here is the latest updated spreadsheet. As always do not post here unless you are posting the requested information. Do not post questions concerning cabins here. Post them on the main board. The duplicate reviews have the cabin numbers in red and some of the cabins to avoid have comments highlighted in yellow.

Solstice Cabin Information.pdf

:confused::confused: Hi Donna: Could you be more specific on the type of obstruction --- it looks

like "frosted glass" to me. :( We have this for a B2B next Jan.'10.

There are several threads out there discussing it with varied opinions. Here is a photo taken looking out onto the balcony. You can clearly see that there is a reflection on the material on the glass but others say they could see through it with no problem. I personally wouldn't want it on my balcony glass but opinions vary.

Cabin9223Solstice.jpg

Thank you! You have done a great job!

Now if someone could tell us please about 9241??? Thanks.

Please do not post questions asking about cabins on this thread. Keep checking back to see if anyone reports on your cabin.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1547

Class – Aqua

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet. However at times footsteps/ running on deck above. Deck 12 above.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was good, however window cleaning equipment located to left of balcony about 4 cabins down from balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized. The largest on the front slant.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No, not an aft cabin.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems.

Any other comments? Was close to forward elevators, about 4 cabins away.

Edited by Cliffy
typing error

Deck - Resort (12)

Cabin # - 2137

Class – S2 Sky Suite

Bed near? (balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Nonconnecting cabin & quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Obstructed by support beam from Lido deck above; it was a non-issue for us - the beams were not in direct view of the balcony, only on the sides between cabins.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No, did not notice any issue with soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? We enjoyed our stay in this cabin... it was roomy enough for the cocktail parties we hosted without being overly cramped.

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/img0034mux.jpg/

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/img0033aup.jpg/

http://img17.imageshack.us/i/img0082lil.jpg/

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1048

Class – C2

Bed near? (balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Nonconnecting cabin & quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Obstructed by window washing equipment high on left hand side.TA had asked Celebrity if this was the case pre cruise they stated no obstruction ,complained on board were given comp.Murano meal, will be contacting TA andCelebrity now we are home.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No, did not notice any issue with soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? See above,

Any other comments? We enjoyed our stay in this cabin..

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/img0034mux.jpg/

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/img0033aup.jpg/

http://img17.imageshack.us/i/img0082lil.jpg/