S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Cabin 9231 has been reported as having bed by bath so one would assume that 9237 has same arrangement. I am adding it to spreadsheet as "Bath" unless contradicted.

Posters, please note ship name in subject as well as Cabin #.

Edited by librarylady19

Cabin 9231 has been reported as having bed by bath so one would assume that 9237 has same arrangement. I am adding it to spreadsheet as "Bath" unless contradicted.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the cabins alternate bed by bath, then bed by balcony, then bath, etc., etc. That being the case, this would follow:

9231 Bath

9233 Balcony

9235 Bath

9237 Balcony

Doris

Sandi,

Cabin 9231 was reported with the bed by the balcony which would agree with the deck plans. Cabin 9237 per the deck plans (shows both trundle bed and upper birth) should have the bed by the bath which would agree with 9231 being the other way around.

It would be nice to clear this up as I've got 9237 reserved on two future sailings and this information shouldn't mislead people.

Joel

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the cabins alternate bed by bath, then bed by balcony, then bath, etc., etc. That being the case, this would follow:

9231 Bath

9233 Balcony

9235 Bath

9237 Balcony

Doris

I stand corrected! Shouldn't have been trying to think after a 12 hour work day! Will correct in spreadsheet. Thx Doris

Sandi,

Cabin 9231 was reported with the bed by the balcony which would agree with the deck plans. Cabin 9237 per the deck plans (shows both trundle bed and upper birth) should have the bed by the bath which would agree with 9231 being the other way around.

It would be nice to clear this up as I've got 9237 reserved on two future sailings and this information shouldn't mislead people.

Joel

Sandi, the information I gave you assumed 9231 to have bed by the bath as stated in your post. After I saw this post from Joel, I went back to check the post on 9231. Indeed, as Joel says, it does report bed by the balcony. Therefore, it would follow:

9231 Balcony

9233 Bath

9235 Balcony

9237 Bath

Trying to research these details is way beyond your "job description" and much too time consuming. People need to include the information on their posts. Thanks for all you are doing.

Joel, hope you have calm seas and smooth sailing!

Doris

Edited by STXCruisers

Ship- Solstice

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 6101

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – midship, hump, no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - huge/oversized, does have overhang

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? no - great

Any other comments? Close to elevators, aqua class on floor with relaxation room, bed by balcony is great, no problems with getting to the closet or safe.

Ship- Solstice

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 6101

Class – Aqua

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – midship, hump, no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - huge/oversized, does have overhang

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? no - great

Any other comments? Close to elevators, aqua class on floor with relaxation room, bed by balcony is great, no problems with getting to the closet or safe.

I believe this is a typo..it probably should be 1601...not 6101. :D

re: 9237

Sorry, sorry. I was on a B2B and mistook the cabins.

Yes! Yes! the bed is near the BALCONY:D

The deck plans on all the S-Class ships show Stateroom 9237 as having the bed by the bath. You can take that to the bank!!!

The deck plans on all the S-Class ships show Stateroom 9237 as having the bed by the bath. You can take that to the bank!!!

Easy does it Wine-O. There is no need to shout!

Oops!! I repeated the same mistake twice:eek: Ignore the other replies by me.

Yes, yes the bed is near the Bathroom!

Weall make mistakes:o

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6143

Class – 2B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – not connecting; never heard noise from adjacent cabins or theater below us (to be honest, not sure we were ever in the cabin when theater was in use.)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Because of cabin position forward of bump, if you were to look straight down, you would see the Deck 5 walkway.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, I guess?

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Only one, and it's really not a problem with the cabin itself. As mentioned above, the Deck 5 walkway is immediately below this cabin in an area where there are deck chairs arranged...it is right outside the theater exit. I guess this is one of the designated smoking areas on the ship, and there were 2 nights when we were awakened by very loud revelers at about 3 AM who went there to smoke, I guess. The second night, we called guest services to report it, and they sent security there to quiet things down. It isn't the smoking being allowed there that was an issue, just the inconsiderate people doing it. We are fairly sensitive to cigarette smoke and we never caught a whiff of it when people were smoking there, even when we were on the balcony. Maybe smoking ought to be limited, after midnight, to the Lawn Club, where there aren't cabins in close proximity.

Any other comments? With all that I just wrote about the late night problem on Deck 5, I must say that I really like having that area so close to this cabin. I used it often for reading....when the sun was too intense on the our balcony (this particular area on Deck 5 was set back and shaded), or in the evenings, as it was well lit. I also liked to walk outside on Deck 5 to get to the aft of the ship.

For us, the location of the cabin was great....two flights down for the dining room and theater allowed us to bypass the elevators whenever we could.

Edited by Martino

Equinox 9348 and 9350:)

Class: C2

Starboard Side

Bed near Balcony:9348

Bed near Bath: 9350

Perfectly quiet location

Normal size balcony and no obstructions

No wind or soot problems

Other comments: We opened the partition between balconies, which was perfect (it opens about half way). As some have mentioned about an "odor in the hallway" on certain Equinox upper decks, we did smell a slight odor towards the elevator area and Card Room, but was never really an issue. Many days could not smell anything. So, in our opinion, don't consider this to be a problem on Deck 9.

DMK,

Did cabin 9237 have lounge chairs on the veranda? Tables and chairs? Also, was the cabin dark? Lastly, do you have any photos?

Thanks

Sticky: Solstice Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

ship - Equinox

Deck - Panorama (9)

Cabin # - 9269

Class – C2

Bed near? (balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – good

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - no problem

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? – N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Wall creaks in heavy seas

any other comments? - Cabin is located half way between the elevators and the rear of the ship.

Deck - Penthouse (11)

Cabin # - 1641

Class – Aqua

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet, but can hear through walls. It wasn't a big deal, though.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions; great view!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No.

Any other comments? We loved the cabin!

Deck – Sunrise Deck

Cabin # - 7362

Class –Verandah

Starboard or Port Side – Back of ship

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – connecting cabin – no noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Normal. Two chairs – no foot rests.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No problems. They washed down the balcony every day.

Any specific problems with this cabin? We had three in the cabin and my daughter slept on the fold out upper bunk. Both of us hit our heads pretty hard at different times throughout the cruise.

Any other comments?

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6270

Class – 2C

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – You could hear neighbors next door; always heard neighbors opening and closing doors, i.e. slamming; "creaking" cabin sounds at night; could hear music from Ensemble Lounge on Deck 5 at certain times.

Balcony View - View of tenders was not really an issue. Couldn't see down to water. Something that we weren't prepared for was the lifeboats and Deck 5 were lit at night so you couldn't see the stars, just illuminated orange tenders.

Balcony Size? - Normal, very comfortable size with two adjustable chairs and table.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? Thought this was a wonderful location. Would book this category again.

Deck 6

Cabins 6131 and 6123

Class 2B (I think)

Port side

Bed near bath in both cabins

Generally very quiet cabins; can hear music from the theater below during shows or rehearsals, but these shows never went later than 11:30pm, and usually much earlier

Balcony size: normal

Balcony views: there is an extension out about 4-5 feet at the floor level of these balconies, so you can't see down to the water right below. The balcony for 6123 is right up against where the cabins forward of it stick out farther, so this balcony has no view forward at all

Wind: no problem, but if you don't latch the balcony door all the way it plays an interesting tune!

Problems: Common to all cabins on this ship, the closet doors are almost impossible to slide. Makes it very annoying to try to hang things and keep shoes organized (I resorted to just throwing them in, and feeling for them to get them out).

Bathroom is fabulous, excellent water pressure

No "funny smells" were detected

Convenient to the fitness center and spa, far from the food (an excellent arrangement for me!)

Looking at cabin 8293 Deck 8 - Vista Deck Want to book today

Bed Near --

any specifics anyone can tell me

Thanks for any info on this cabin

Sticky: Solstice Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Deck - Sky

Cabin # - 1034

Class – C2

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Nomal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?Easy access to forward lifts