S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Bighairtexan -

We have 9382 on the Equinox for a B2B at the end of February. Is the veranda large enough for a lounge chair and/or big table? I know the veranda is a bit wider than all the other aft cabins but is the cabin also wider?

Look forward to your response.

Jack

The cabins are all identical size on the S class for balcony, AQ and CC.

The balcony was at least 50% wider. 2 chairs that recline both w/ foot rests and plenty of extra room. Regular table.

SOLSTICE

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1533

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – BALCONY

Quiet Cabin? Not the best. Considerable noise from above in the morning (around 5am-7:30am); some noise from hallway in the morning as steward's cart is kept nearby

Balcony View - Good; No obstructions

Balcony Size? - Standard for Solstice; room for two comfortably.

Was wind a problem? - Only when the balcony door is open and you open the cabin door!

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Light over shower burned out and not replaced despite asking room steward.

Any other comments. Very convenient to elevators and stairs. Cruised 1/8/12 to 1/15/12

Attached is the latest update, in 3 parts due to file size.

Please let me know if you find any errors.

Email me if you would like the excel version.

Thanks for your contributions!

Sandi

S Class Cabins 1-25-11 - Pt. 1 (1002 - 2104).pdf

S Class Cabins 1-25-11 - Pt. 2 (2105 - 6233).pdf

S Class Cabins 1-25-11 - Pt. 3 (6234 - 9382).pdf

Sandi

This was so helpful in choosing a cabin.

Thank you very much

Sandi

9232 comments couldn't read...went offscreen. I'm talking about the one discussing tv swing arm. Thanks.

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 7311

Deck #: 7

Class: Sunset Veranda

Area: aft

Bed near: bathroom

Quiet?: for the most part. Some vibration when entering ports

Balcony view: aft

Balcony size: It looked a little bigger than the average balcony

Wind a problem?:no

Soot a problem?:yes, most days it was not too bad. Only one day it was very bad, but every day it was nicely cleaned.

Problems/comments:loved this location, because you have almost no traffic outside your room. It is a walk to the elevators, but I like that. We also had 4 adults in this room, it was cozy, but very manageable. With plenty of storage space.

Here is the form for submitting cabin reports:

Cabin #: 7159

Deck #: 7 (dont remember the name)

Class: A1

Area: mid-on hump. Very close to forward elevators but a short hike to the main elevators. Great way to walk off the extra calories. Would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. Life boats one deck below were not an issue and could not be seen unless looking directly over the railing and to the left.

Bed near: closet/bathroom

Quiet?: very!

Balcony view: Aft (backward)

Balcony size: Massive. It was at least 13 feet deep and 8 feet wide. There was so much privacy since the walls are white steel almost to the ceiling and the ceiling is the overhang from the balcony above. There is only a small amount of the frosted partition on each side near the railing, maybe a foot in total. Lots of room for lounging, catching rays, eating breakfast and watching the sunset. Just wish that there was a foot rest. Really Celebrity! No foot rest? C'mon!

Wind a problem?: None

Soot a problem?: None

Problems/comments:

Want that footrest! Maybe an exterior light. Loved this cabin!!!:D Edited by 2Fltravelers
Port Side

Cabin #: 7159

Deck #: 7 (dont remember the name)

Class: A1

Area: mid-on hump. Very close to forward elevators but a short hike to the main elevators. Great way to walk off the extra calories. Would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. Life boats one deck below were not an issue and could not be seen unless looking directly over the railing and to the left.

Bed near: closet/bathroom

Quiet?: very!

Balcony view: Aft (backward)

Balcony size: Massive. It was at least 13 feet deep and 8 feet wide. There was so much privacy since the walls are white steel almost to the ceiling and the ceiling is the overhang from the balcony above. There is only a small amount of the frosted partition on each side near the railing, maybe a foot in total. Lots of room for lounging, catching rays, eating breakfast and watching the sunset. Just wish that there was a foot rest. Really Celebrity! No foot rest? C'mon!

Wind a problem?: None

Soot a problem?: None

Problems/comments:

Want that footrest! Maybe an exterior light. Loved this cabin!!!:D

FYI,

1- The Frosted Partition is the section that can fold back to make for connecting balconies.

2- The Footrest on Celebrity only comes with Cabins in Concierge Class & above (C-Class, Aqua Class & Suites)

3- No Exterior Light, because the S-Class Ships were built to be non-smoking right from the get go (some say that by it being light free it is easier to spot the Smokers who break that policy)... Celebrity doesn't mind folks being out on the Balconies at night, but they also like to have a very "green" ship... so no sense having a whole lot of light pollution to disturb one's neighbours etc.

Hope this info is helpful,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi LibraryLady19,

Here is the info on Solstice # 1120... seems we are the first ones to ever do a write up on this particular cabin for this ship

SHIP – Solstice

CABIN – 1120

DECK – 10 (Sky)

CLASS – C2 (Concierge Class)

SIDE – Starboard

BED – Near Balcony

QUIET – Very quiet no real hall noise… we were not bothered by folks in the hall or at the elevators. There was the occasional loud door (but I believe this to be an "ususal" occurance, and totally because we had rough seas and heavy winds… so if one had their balcony door open and then opened the stateroom door there was a real vacuum… which caused the stateroom door to slam)

VIEW – First Balcony to the aft off “the hump”… great view to the rear of the ship, to look forward, you had to go out to the farthest corner of the rail and hang out your head to see past “the hump”. Like this cabin, because you get the biggest balcony, and get a full 180 degree view Fore to Aft. View below to the water was excellent as well.

BALCONY SIZE – This is the largest balcony (first off “the hump”) for a non-suite stateroom on the sides of the ship (aprox 3x the size of a regular balcony). Only the Aft Cabins (Sunset Verandas = SVs and a few Concierges = C1s over the wake can compare for balcony size on this ship)

WIND A PROBLEM – Not from the forward motion… as you are protected behind “the hump”.

SOOT A PROBLEM – No (although because of the intense winds, we did have a lot of salt-spray / residue on the front part of our balcony)

PROBLEMS / COMMENTS – We loved this cabin and its location mid-ship just steps from the Elevators... and of course the oversized balcony… we would most definitely book again / recommend to others.

BUT on our sailing we were told by the crew that we experienced “unusual” strong winds for January coming from the Southeast (pushing against the bow and starboard side of the ship on the way to the Caribbean) … so all the cabins on our side of the ship were affected by this persistent wind that blew at the ship for 3 full days… it made spending time out on the balconies a bit of a challenge at times. Especially after dark, when the winds seemed to pick up even more… they varied between 8 to 10 on the Beaufort Scale… and up to 65 mph (100 Kph) so Gale Force for all of those 3 days. Made for an interesting first sailing for Mr Sloop and I !!

--- --- ---

LibraryLady19,

Again, thanks for all you do... keeping up the S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet is quite a bit of work, but it is MUCH appreciated by your fellow CC Members. It was the spreadsheet that helped us to choose this cabin originally... and we were NOT disappointed !! We believe it to be one of the Best Cabins to be had on the Solstice (and her S-Class sister ships)

So a BIG THANK YOU !!

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin #: 1503

Deck #: 11

Class: Aqua Class

Area: Forward Port

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet?: loved this cabin because it was in a quiet area - little traffic in hallway. Did have occasional noise upstairs likely from aerobics portion of gym, but wasn't long-lasting or too annoying

Balcony view: great view - portside bridge closeby -had some interesting activity at times, but usually didn't see anyone there.

Balcony size: normal, does NOT have wide overhang so gets lots of sun!

Wind a problem?: no

Soot a problem?: no

Problems/comments: loved being near relaxation room (one door down) - could grab tea there in the morning and read (often alone) while waiting for husband to get up and ready

FYI,

1- The Frosted Partition is the section that can fold back to make for connecting balconies.

2- The Footrest on Celebrity only comes with Cabins in Concierge Class & above (C-Class, Aqua Class & Suites)

3- No Exterior Light, because the S-Class Ships were built to be non-smoking right from the get go (some say that by it being light free it is easier to spot the Smokers who break that policy)... Celebrity doesn't mind folks being out on the Balconies at night, but they also like to have a very "green" ship... so no sense having a whole lot of light pollution to disturb one's neighbours etc.

Already knew about the footrest. Still, to have a few balconies that are 13 feet deep and 8 feet wide and a chair that reclines but no footrest is like having a standard hotel room with a bed and no blanket unless you upgrade your room. Yes, you can still sleep on the bed but not very comfortably. It's not asking for upgraded towels, robes and toiletries, or flowers and fruit and canapes every day. It's a piece of outdoor furniture!

I agree about the balcony light. I never use it as it detracts from the beautiful night sky. I just happened to notice this time which I didn't on the Solstice. We did connect the balconies on the Solstice since my other was in the adjoining room

FYI,

Already knew about the footrest. Still, to have a few balconies that are 13 feet deep and 8 feet wide and a chair that reclines but no footrest is like having a standard hotel room with a bed and no blanket unless you upgrade your room. Yes, you can still sleep on the bed but not very comfortably. It's not asking for upgraded towels, robes and toiletries, or flowers and fruit and canapes every day. It's a piece of outdoor furniture!

I agree about the balcony light. I never use it as it detracts from the beautiful night sky. I just happened to notice this time which I didn't on the Solstice. We did connect the balconies on the Solstice since my other was in the adjoining room

TO 2FLTRAVELERS,

True enough... but as has been said countless times before... if they give it to the 1As that have oversized balconies, then everyone will want them (and not all the standard balconies can truly accommodate them).

The 1As being part of a much larger group of Accommodations in the Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda Category (1A - 1B - 1C - 2A - 2B - 2C - 2D)

There had to be a "cut off point" somewhere, and Celebrity chose to make it Concierge and above.

There has been some talk that Celebrity would (should) just make these cabins into Concierge ones... but then that would drive up the cost even more. Most Cruisers agree they'd prefer to have a 1A with the "perk" of an oversized Balcony... than pay a lot more and have the same cabin listed as Concierge with the much sought after footstool

It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, as I don't book 1As, but it does for a lot of others... so I post this just as a matter of bringing you up to date on past topics of discussion (and the general concensus)

Cheers!

LOL... You should read the great ways in which those in the 1As have taken on the challenge of finding "substitutes" for those footstools... there have been some real "creative" suggestions and resources utilized. The "blow up / inflatable footstools" are by far the most known... but there are many others... you can do a BOARD SEARCH to find past topics. Very entertaining.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Correcting my mistake below! Whoops!

Cabin #: 9130

Deck #: 9

Class: A2

Area: forward, STARBOARD

Quiet?: yes

Balcony view: Good, unobstructed

Balcony size: Good (standard for Eclipse)

Problems/comments: Loved this cabin!

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # -1522

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bed near bath, very easy for wheelchair user

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – no problems with noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – view was fantastic

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - 80 sq ft. big enough to get wheelchair out and transfer to balcony chair

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments? terrific cabin, without the typical problem of water all over the bathroom floor. Only complaint is the slight bump when you walk into the cabin, by the bathroom. Beware if you are unsteady on your feet, or cannot see well.

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8273

Class – 1B Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom w/ Veranda

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet entire cruise. This is a connecting stateroom (to # 8271), but Solstice way of connecting via an alcove doesn't add noise from next room but provides a bit more quiet since cabin door is recessed from hallway. Although very close & convenient to mid-ship elevators, the hallway design and partitions shielded any noise from that area.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view all directions. We picked this stateroom since it is on the "hump" and we could see all directions without any obstructions. Also, this cabin's balcony does NOT have any portion of the Celebrity "X" on the balcony's glass.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size for this class, but larger than we found on Eurodam (Holland America) and Carnival Freedom. Two nice reclining chairs and table (for room service, drinks, etc).

Was wind a problem? No. Nice breeze at times, but never uncomfortable.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? At first, we thought the storage was too limited, but halfway thu the cruise, we found the storage area above the bed. That made the overall storage more than enough.

Any other comments? I loved the "glassed-in" shower and ample bathroom storage space. Cabin's location is very convenient to many public areas, particularly the restaurants. Also, this deck (Vista deck # 8) allowed easy walking to public areas on decks #3 - 5 and #12 & above.

Great review and really looking forward to our cruise as I have booked this cabin and your review makes it sound idea for us.

Tony

Silhouette

Cabin 1245

Sky Deck-C-2

Port side

Very quiet room

Balcony size-slightly larger on hump with 2 lounge chairs & table

Limited storage with only 3 drawers plus bins above bed

Bed near balcony

Cabin near library & elevators, but no noise

Silhouette

Cabin 1106

Sky Deck

C-2 on Starboard side

On hump with slightly larger balcony with 2 lounge chairs, table, and foot stools

Not a connecting room

No wind problem

Great location near library and elevators

Bed near balcony

Limited storage with 3 drawers and over the bed bins

No drawers in night tables, only shelves

Large bath with plenty of storage

Basicly a quiet room, but late one night, the music from the TV was so loud that we had to call guest relations to come & turn it off...no one was in the room

Cabin #: 1550

Deck #: 11

Class: AQ

Area: forward, right side

Quiet?: yes...others spoke of the storage closet outside, but never heard any noise from this. This cabin was extremely quiet and will choose it again.

Balcony view: Good, unobstructed

Balcony size: Good (standard for Eclipse)

Problems/comments: We picked the cabin due to the location the stairs to the Aqua Cafe. Just around the corner and up the stairs and easy access to drinks and snacks, the spa and gym.

Edited by New2Celeb

Deck 7

Cabin 7292

Class A 1

Starboard last bump cabin

bed near bathroom

quiet

balcony faces out and back; cannot see front of ship

balcony deeper than most

wind no problem since it faces slightly back

soot no problem

Terrific cabin; very spacious; lots of storage for clothing etc, no light on balcony which made it impossible to sit outside and read when the sun wasn't up; good location near elevators

Ship: Solstice

Deck - 3

Cabin # 3121

Class – Oceanview

Starboard or Port Side - Port?

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Right under Quasar nightclub, very noisy at night due to the music, bass.

Ocean View - great unobstructed view, large rectangular window.

Balcony Size? - not applicable

Was wind a problem? - not applicable

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - not applicable

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Noisy at night. Avoid this cabin if you are a light sleeper!

Any other comments? - convertible sofabed (cabin sleeps 3)

Edited by Cybergoth

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1523

Class – Eclipse - Aqua Class

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet with Persian Garden Above

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view including the bridge

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem?

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? Would definately book this cabin again!