Atlantis Sub ~ End the debate ~ Please

got2gocruzn

We booked our Atlantis Sub Trip in Grand Cayman. Walked right off the boat and booked it on shore. Cheaper. I will say in my personal opinion, it was a wast of money. You see a few fish but that was about it. The coral was dull and I won't book it again. You see more colorful fish by snorkeling off a beach somewhere.

I booked mine onship, but now I likely wouldn't (cheaper on shore)...personally, I really liked it as I figured at the time it would be my one and only chance to go on a submarine and go down 100' below the surface

I had the same questions and g2g beat me too it!

I knew the answers would be here on CC.

I was trying to decide to book thru Carnival or Atlantis directly... weightng the options:

*thru Atlantis-> cheaper (by$20 ), more flexability of when we went...

*thru Carnival-> money back if the port changes, no worries if we anchored off the 'other side of the island'

~~of course! I did not think of booking when our feet hits the ground!! TY to my fellow CCer's

Parrothead,

Let me help you with this one! I worked for Atlantis for many years as a senior manager. There is no chance they would try to charge you if the cruise itinerary were changed. If there is alternative docking, you should still be able to make your tour, and Atlantis reps would be on site to assist.

Having said all that, I have never heard of ANY tour company in Cayman EVER charging guests for "no shows" through no fault of their own.

Other readers, please correct me if you know differently.

I hope this helps you with your choice.

Regards,

Rosemail

Parrothead,

Having said all that, I have never heard of ANY tour company in Cayman EVER charging guests for "no shows" through no fault of their own.

Other readers, please correct me if you know differently.

I hope this helps you with your choice.

Regards,

Rosemail

Though that is the long standing policy of almost all businesses in Cayman which focus on the cruise ship crowd, a recent thread quoted the policy of one of the new dolphin facilities which explicitly does make a partial charge if the ship can't make it in.

That was the first instance of such a policy of which I have become aware.

Archived