Beaches in Costa Rica

Guest pammyj50

Guest pammyj50

Does anyone know if there are any beaches close to where the ships dock. I'm not really interested in any of the excursions. Just want to go to a nice beach.

Guest pammyj50

Sorry, I didn't realize their is more than one port in Costa Rica. We are on going to Limon. I guess I just thought everyone already knew where I was going.

We were in Limon last Feb and toured with Oscar for the day. Part of the tour was to a nice beach with a small snack bar and craft stand. I don't know the name of the beach but maybe you could contact Oscar and find out. I know that there were some surfers catching some waves.

Sorry that this is very vague--- but the bottom line is that there is a nice beach in Limon!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Mountainmare, Sounds like your tour was at Playa Bonita, which is only a few miles from the ship. Obviously there are differing opinions about this beach. We've been there too and enjoyed the beach, bar and snack shack. The roaming vendors trying to sell you everything and anything are an annoyance.

The beach itself doesn't extend too far out before you get to some rough surf areas that the surfers love but the center area isn't bad. I would be watchful for undertows. It's a popular place amongst the locals for a quick swim.

Don't expect a Paradise Island kind of beach - it's more like a Key West beach with some boulders and exposed reefs at low tide. It has a nice feel to it.

Archived