Another TA question

cvrap

If you used a travel agent and they won't return your calls or emails after you've booked the Early Saver Rate, is there anything you can do? If I cancel, I lose $50 per person.

That's about right. CCL charges the $50, but I wonder if the TA is able to charge a cancellation too, if it's in their contract.

Try escalating your calls to a Mgr/Supr at the TA's location. You can usually speak to a "live" body somewhere.

Good Luck.

Start with afcj1's suggestion. If that doesn't work, call Carnival and tell them that the agent has abandoned you. See if someone at Carnival can help get a little customer service from the agent, or if Carnival will transfer the booking to Carnival, then you can deal directly with Carnival.

Thanks. I emailed Carnival yesterday but haven't heard back yet. It's an online company. Hope I'm allowed to say that. She is also supposed to be issuing us a credit from the previous booking, but that hasn't been done yet. I'm getting pretty frustrated. I think the price dropped Monday and now it's gone back up and we didn't get it because she won't contact me.

Thanks. I emailed Carnival yesterday but haven't heard back yet. It's an online company. Hope I'm allowed to say that. She is also supposed to be issuing us a credit from the previous booking, but that hasn't been done yet. I'm getting pretty frustrated. I think the price dropped Monday and now it's gone back up and we didn't get it because she won't contact me.

Yes, you can say it is an online agency. Just don't identify the agency. Also, perhaps it is time to reconsider your choice of agents - before you book again.

Archived