every last thing...help

berls088

My first crusie I over packed, 2nd took 1/2 away and still didn't wear 1/2 of those clothes .... WOW is all I can say. I am working on one luggage and a small cooler for a carry on ... and bet I still don't wear 1/2.

Remember you can wear your shorts at least twice and the jean skirt ... 2 dresses most and 3 bathing suits ... you will be in your bathing suit most of your day and what you wear to dinner I will wager you will wear into the evening .... ENJOY!

LMAO about the birth control however I don't think you will have any time for anything that requires the use of it :eek:

You forgotten the,

Diesel generator

Hibachi

gasoline powered industrial blender

sewing machine

desktop and laptop

satellite phone

Laze Boy recliner

canoe and paddle

parasail

parachute

parasol

Now THAT'S funny!

You really do not need 2 outfits per day -i'm thinking night here

1 per evening is enough.Wear same one to disco./

In my experience no one pays attention to what you are wearing so who cares .dress up for dinner keep same outfit .If you have a port intensive cruise you will not be able to party all night and visit early the next day unless of course you actually can

I find the gentle rocking of the ship makes me very sleepy all the time sooo no long disco nights

Use your Bathing suit tops -tankini types as tops .Wear long T shirts that look like dresses to cover up or shorts .1 for 2 days is enough

Wear flip flops to beach ,use them as slippers

Do not forget cold medicine Aspirin Tylenol Caladryl or Calamine After sun lotion .Thank god I had Caladryl itch disappeared .Still do not know what it was ...went snorkeling did not touch anything .

If you must have disco type clothes bring more tops less bottoms you can wear more then twice

You will be tempted to shop .Where will you put your purchases

Airlines are very TOUGH with weight allotment .50 lbs is LESS then 50 lbs.If you go over it will cost you a LOT>.Trust me I have and it did !!!

Bring an extension cord or a 3 plug prong .Bring your own hairdryer .I have long hair mine is stronger

Do not forget chargers.Extra cassettes for cam corders

Cap/hat

small beach bag

1 pair heels is enough Hard to walk in heels on ship

Flip flops replace sandals

Running shoes for all walking excursions

A sweater or shawl .Indoor AC sometimes COOL after day in sun

1 evening bag

Hope this helps

Michele

My hubby and I went on our first cruise last Jan - between the 2 of us we had 5 LARGE suitcases and 2 carry on's - too funny!!! I don't think we even opened one of them the whole cruise! Well hopefully this time I've learned a lesson because now we are taking our 3 kids along also:eek:

I'm just not a very good guesser on what I think I need and what I actually need:confused:

Make sure that the waterproof camera that you buy is a good quality one. At our Valor cruise a few weeks ago, a friend in our group had one.

It worked great while in the pools and everything, but right after we used it at Stingray City and Snorkeling...it went on the blink. Seemed that the camera was not too used to Salt Water. The image viewer screen stopped working (and it did not have a viewfinder)...so we could not take any pics accurately. The screen still does not work but it does take pics now...since its dry (we think)....

And this was no cheapo camera...a good one (from Olympus??, ~$250)...so make sure the camera that you have has more than a 10 ft water depth capability.

Or better still buy a couple waterproof disposables...cheaper and usually guaranteed to work !!

Have a great cruise...I read your experience with your BF's passport, and was really glad that it all got resolved :)

Look forward to reading your reviews ;)

Oh yeah....you are going to enjoy the weather..get away from the miserable cold that we are facing here in NE...

And dont forget a small bar of soap, or some form of soap for washing hands...On our last cruise (3 weeks ago), there was no barsoap in the bathroom (and none in that little basket with the freebies either).

Our group had 4 cabins and none of them had the bar of soap...Fortunately I had packed one, so we were good to.

Also, you got too much stuff....but I can understand since on the first cruise you always take too much stuff...

But then you do the same thing on the next one, even though you are technically an "experienced" cruiser...:o

Wow, that's a lot of clothing! I laid out everything I wanted to take on my November cruise, then put almost half of it back in the closet. Same with shoes. The only thing I wish I had packed more of was workout gear -- those sportsbras really need to be washed everyday :eek:!

DW had 6 pairs and I had 5 (I know...I know, whats a guy doing with 5 pairs of shoes, but better prepared than sorry ;))

Way too many in our view...I think DW wore everyone of hers, but I could not get to the sandals. The sneakers and water shoes were most used...the flip flops not as much, and the dress shoes only during dinner ...the sandals not at all !!

Hope this helps...

im leaving in 10 days and i KNOWWW im not the most organized person.. so please help! last time i had my sister pack for me but im doing it myself this time (with cc help). heres what i got so far... i usually forget obvious things.

DINNER ATTIRE:

6 dresses

2 formal dresses

2 pairs stillehtos

jewelry

LATE NIGHT ATTIRE:

3 mini dresses

4 mini skirts

6 dress tank tops

2 naughty outfits

DAY ATTIRE:

7 bikinis (i packed 14 last time...)

4 jean skirts

2 gym shorts

10 tank tops/shirts

2 pairs sandals

1 pair sneakers

7 pair undies (i wear lotsa bikinis...)

2 bras...1 strapless/convertable

2 beach coverups

BATHROOM STUFF:

2 toothbrushes

body wash/lotion

after burn

2 different sunscreens (i learned from 2nd degree burns last time)

razors

hair straightener that also dries hair (HEAVEN)

brush

cortison cream (clumsy)

tylenol

makeup...minimal amounts!

qtips

elastics

deodorant

perfume

OTHER STUFF:

camera/charger (new underwater digi camera that im buying tomorrow)

cell charger

moms taking laptop to upload pics to daily

birth cert/id

credit card

i know that im forgetting 500 things so PLEASE HELP! i only have 9 days left to pack!

The cruiseship tends to be chilly. I would bring a shawl or some sort of pashmina. Dont forget bandaids if you go without undergarments.

I agree with everyone else...way too many cruise! I always pick what I'll wear each day and bring just that! Remember there is a 50 lb limit for check-in bags on airline (assuming you're flying) otherwise you gotta pay $25 extra I believe.

On one cruise with my then-fiancee, my MIL and BIL (to be), there was one suitcase with 10 pairs of shoes... not used. My last cruise with my wife we took two bags, both carry-on. One held one suit and dress shirt and one dress, the other all the other clothes for a seven-day cruise - and there was no washer/dryer on the ship.

I wore a pair of black shoes which doubled for both the one time I wore the suit and for every day. I got away with (I think) three pairs of slacks - wearing them at least twice a week (as I do at home.) I made sure I did have seven of everything else, though, but those could be rolled and fit into the suitcase.

The reason for all this is because I don't want to pay check-in fees on a plane unless I have to. The other is, it's easier and faster, IMHO, if one just has carry-ons.

That said, depending on the size of your memory card, you may want to pack an extra one. As well as an extra set of rechargable batteries. You don't want to miss a shot because the one set you have is on the charger.

Most of the time you don't have to change money, but I like bringing some foreign currency to use in their ports. I dunno - I feel like since I'm in their country, I should know a little bit of their language and use their money. But that's up to you.

And related to that: call whoever your card issuer is and tell them you'll be out of the country (and where) for whatever period of time.

you can pack 1/2 the clothes and send out a lanudry bag durign the week..I beleive they charge $15 for the bag (0 is platinum)

Also you can consider recycling some clothes. yer with strangers..multiple outfits daily really don't mean much

With all you are packing all yer gonna do is give yerseld a hernia getting to/from the airport/ship

I read all three pages of post....

Can't believe you guys all missed two important items.

First, we all want to see pictures with the "naughty outfits"

Second, CASH.... Lots and Lots of Cash.... There never seems to be enough of that.

happy sailings!

"How many pairs of shoes do you actually take?? For men & women??" I'm easy, I had 3, sneakers, sandals and black dreee shoes. My wife had 5 I think. 2 pairs of sandals, sneakers and 2 pairs of dress shoes.

We also had my wife's water shoes and my scuba booties for when we snorkeled. They are needed on rocky beaches.

Archived