Have your Compass Certificates ever vanished?

dyslexic pirate

We are having some problems with our Compass Reward Certificates.

We copied them before we sent them.

Used certified mail.

It's confirmed they were received in Miami.

The points have not been applied to our account.

We get a different answer every time we call the billing department. Cerificates were lost, then they were found, short on staff, certificates are right here give us 24 hours to post to your account etc...etc...

Now today we call wanting a straight answer as this has been dragging on for 6 weeks and our cruise is fast approaching.

Now we have been told they never received them. We are now talking with supervisors and may have to see if we can get the certificates reissued from Bank of America.

Anyone else have a similiar problem happen to them?

We just sent some last week, copied them, sent certified mail - the whole deal. Right now they show that they were sent on the 13th but still no receipt in Miami showing. In fact, I've been trying to get an update on the Postal Service website and get an error message so I don't even know what happened with them today.

Twice NCL has accidently posted them to our traveling partner's credit card accounts. Our reservations were linked and despite filling out the backside where it asked for reservation number, they still posted to the other reservation. Are you traveling with anyone else that this could have happened?

Yup.

A couple different times NCL somehow managed to screw up the application of our certificates.

This is why I always send them to my TA to handle as they were able to get a satisfactory outcome within a few days.

NCL has to hate these certificates and imho goes out of its way to not have good handling procedures.

I hate to be the lone voice here, but NCL has always done a great job of posting the ones we have sent them.. I do think you have done every thing you should have done and, JMHO, once NCL signed the certified recpt, it is in their court now. Of course what I think means nothing as to what they will do, but just think they should take over the issue now and they should put your mind at rest about it.

We have also used Compass certificates before but always just handed them to our TA...never a problem. This is the first time we've ever done the booking directly with NCL.

We are getting concerned because it seems like they have a system for giving us the brush off and are too quick to act as though it's not their problem and as far as they are concerned they didn't exist....even after being told on three separate occaisions that they had been misplaced in the mail room, they were being processed etc. to being told today they never made it to their P.O. Box.

Word to the wise make sure you send your certifs fed ex to their street address. We followed the mailing instructions on the back of the certifs to a T and they still are acting perplexed and like we must've done something wrong.

Word to the wise make sure you send your certifs fed ex to their street address. We followed the mailing instructions on the back of the certifs to a T and they still are acting perplexed and like we must've done something wrong.

This obviously won't help you, but for others, I've had good luck sending them to the street address and to the attention of the Accounting Department.

I sent them USPS on a Friday with Monday delivery and they were applied the following Wednesday.

This obviously won't help you, but for others, I've had good luck sending them to the street address and to the attention of the Accounting Department.

I sent them USPS on a Friday with Monday delivery and they were applied the following Wednesday.

Could you post the street address to this thread? I've seen it on the Compass Reward 'sticky' but as some of the posts on that are old, I'm not sure if that is still the right address. Thanks!

We have mailed them first class to a PO Box we were given by our PCC. They were received in 3 days & posted to our account ($500 off).

Too bad that those days are over. But AMEX has deals for discounts on NCL thru their TA's. We booked a cruise using our Membership Rewards points for $500 off. Too bad they are only $1 per point. I am working on HH Signature VISA to hook up with NCL.

We sent ours out two weeks ago, heard nothing yet, and nothing is on the bank account. My TA told me it takes a long time, We sent ours certified as well, and it said it arrived in Miami. Hope it happens in the next few weeks, we sail March 1st. Does anyone know what happens if you sail and nothing ever gets discounted?

Here's what we were told by NCL Corporate about where you should send the compass certficates. (this is not the same as what is printed on the back of the certificates)

NCL

Attn: Payment Application

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

That is the address I used when I sent mine last year...same address only I headed it ACCOUNTING but 'Payment Application' would go to accounting anyway I assume....

I had NO issues....

I hope I doin't when I apply my new ones for this year............

FINALLY! Our Compass Points have finally been applied to our balance owed on our two mini suites.

NCL never did find the EIGHT = $500 certificates that we sent certified mail. The thought of $4000 in credits just vanishing has been a little stressful.

We spent many hours on hold during the course of several phone calls to the corporate office. We were always polite and nice and never got rude but we were REALLY starting to lose our patience.

After being handed around to several different NCL people we finally came across a supervisor who did more than just put us on hold. This supervisor wound up call Bank Of America to confirm our certificates etc and then she went in and adjusted our account balances accordingly.

WARNING: as they are phasing out the Compass program and hiring new employess constantly in their call center they said they are anticipating more confusion and problems in the future.

Make sure you copy/sign/fed ex to the street address and then follow up.

This was the first time we'd handled booking a cruise on our own. I can't imagine being a TA and handling problems like this for a multitude of people. Never had a problem with compass certificates before as just handed them to TA and they worked like a check or cash towards our balance.

Just cover your hinnies and stick to your guns and good luck! Our biggest relief is that we wanted all bases covered as we didn't want to have to deal with this at the dock the day of boarding. We actually had one NCL phone person tell us just to show up at the dock with copies of our certificates and they would deal with it then....NO, I don't want that worry.

Happy sailiing! :)

FINALLY! Our Compass Points have finally been applied to our balance owed on our two mini suites.

NCL never did find the EIGHT = $500 certificates that we sent certified mail. The thought of $4000 in credits just vanishing has been a little stressful.

We spent many hours on hold during the course of several phone calls to the corporate office. We were always polite and nice and never got rude but we were REALLY starting to lose our patience.

After being handed around to several different NCL people we finally came across a supervisor who did more than just put us on hold. This supervisor wound up call Bank Of America to confirm our certificates etc and then she went in and adjusted our account balances accordingly.

WARNING: as they are phasing out the Compass program and hiring new employess constantly in their call center they said they are anticipating more confusion and problems in the future.

Make sure you copy/sign/fed ex to the street address and then follow up.

This was the first time we'd handled booking a cruise on our own. I can't imagine being a TA and handling problems like this for a multitude of people. Never had a problem with compass certificates before as just handed them to TA and they worked like a check or cash towards our balance.

Just cover your hinnies and stick to your guns and good luck! Our biggest relief is that we wanted all bases covered as we didn't want to have to deal with this at the dock the day of boarding. We actually had one NCL phone person tell us just to show up at the dock with copies of our certificates and they would deal with it then....NO, I don't want that worry.

Happy sailiing! :)

Thank you for coming back and giving us and update on the resolution. I have been thinking about you every day hoping they got your issue resolved. I am SO GLAD you did not listen to them about "just bring your paperwork to the

dock to get it straightened out". I have NO DOUBT AT ALL that would have never worked, that you would have had to charge the balance to your credit card at that point IF they had not already canceled your cruise, which I think by that point they would have. I love NCL.. no doubts about that.. but the things I read here on CC that their land based customer service tells people to do just boggles my mind.

Archived