Bump outs on Island Princess?

readytogo2

We booked an aft balcony cabin on baja on the Island Princess which is bumped out a bit from the rest of the ship. I searched and there doesn't seem to be much said on the boards about them. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these bump out cabins?

I did and the photos kinda made my mind up that I liked what I saw, full covered (even though small) and it seems we will be able to look down and see the ocean instead of other people on their balcony..hope that's correct:)

I wonder what the reason for the design of those bump outs are

Thanks for the reply

We had 637 on Caribe on our Alaska cruise, the wider view was good but we did seem to be 'spying' on all the balconies forward of us, and of course they on us.

Caribe is a good choice because of the bigger balconies but these are only partly covered, which does mean that your Baja balcony will look down on the open part of the Caribe balconies below.

For our upcoming Panama cruise we chose C639 which will still give us the larger balcony but with a bit more privacy, except of course from above when we stand by the rail.

We had 637 on Caribe on our Alaska cruise, the wider view was good but we did seem to be 'spying' on all the balconies forward of us, and of course they on us.

Caribe is a good choice because of the bigger balconies but these are only partly covered, which does mean that your Baja balcony will look down on the open part of the Caribe balconies below.

For our upcoming Panama cruise we chose C639 which will still give us the larger balcony but with a bit more privacy, except of course from above when we stand by the rail.

I thought about taking the first end cabin too but realized it may be too 'open' for viewing also maybe too windy.

Archived