Free Shuttle Service -- Long Beach/San Pedro Area?? CAN WE DO BETTER? PLEASE HELP.

travel_lover

So far we have booked the GuestHouse International in Long Beach.

http://www.guesthouselb.com/home.html

We are flying into Long Beach Airport BUT we are cruising out of San Pedro on the NCL pearl.

With the GuestHouse LB we got $89 per night, free shuttle in a 5mile radius of hotel, Free Shuttle from LONG BEACH(airport) and free breakfast.

Can we do better?

We are looking for something that would either include a free shuttle from the airport OR a free shuttle from the hotel to the san pedro pier.

PLEASEEEE HELP!!!!

Can we do better?

This is a decent, but absolutely nothing fancy hotel.

It's not that close to anything great in downtown Long Beach.

You're going to have to pay for a taxi to the port in San Pedro.

But at $89, it's cheap.

What do you mean on "Can we do better"?

Can you get a cheaper hotel with an airport shuttle?

Probably not.

Can you get a nicer hotel, with more to do around the hotel?

Yes.

So, depending on what it "better" to you, you've either done great and can't do any better...

or you can still do better.

Just clarifying, for people who are reading in the future.

Other than that, it's fine.

This is a decent, but absolutely nothing fancy hotel.

It's not that close to anything great in downtown Long Beach.

You're going to have to pay for a taxi to the port in San Pedro.

But at $89, it's cheap.

What do you mean on "Can we do better"?

Can you get a cheaper hotel with an airport shuttle?

Probably not.

Can you get a nicer hotel, with more to do around the hotel?

Yes.

So, depending on what it "better" to you, you've either done great and can't do any better...

or you can still do better.

Just clarifying, for people who are reading in the future.

Other than that, it's fine.

We don't need anything fancy...but atleast to feel safe is important. Well they provide a free shuttle to downtown long beach.

I called a taxi company they told me about $40 for us to san pedro from hotel.

I'm going to agree with Curt here...

"Better" and "Cheaper" are two different things...

To me, LOCATION is all important...I am willing to spend a bit more for a great location...

There is a reason this hotel is cheap...

Long Beach is actually a BIG city in and of itself...a population of around half a million and an area of about 10 miles by 10 miles...

This hotel is clear on the other side of Long Beach from all of the tourist sites, restaurants, shopping and such...And the pier in San Pedro is another 6-7 miles West of that...

A free shuttle from Long Beach Airport to this location isn't that much of a bonus...and a free shuttle to within a five-mile radius, if they are sticklers as to that distance, won't even get you to the Aquarium, Pike, Shoreline Village or Queen Mary--they're all about 6-7 miles away...The Pier in Pedro is about 14 miles from there on city streets...

And, there really is nothing around that location...And, when I say nothing, I really mean NOTHING...Go to http://maps.google.com/ and type in the address, then use the icon to get the "street view"...You can virtually walk up and down the street (amazing website) and see for yourself what it looks like...a wide, high traffic highway with the back side of a large golf course across the way...little more than routine quasi-suburban strip center stuff within a few blocks...they have to give you a free shuttle just to get to the nearest Denny's or McDonalds...But I doubt they're shuttling you back and forth to the area with the nicer restaurants and shops--outside their "radius"...

And your cab ride to the pier in Pedro will be a long one...

You're better off using Priceline to try to get the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro and pay for the shuttle from LGB to the hotel (the CP will shuttle you for free to the pier in the morning)...or paying a little more to stay in the prime area of Long Beach (Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance, Marriott Courtyard) and having the convenience and pleasure of having a lot of shops and restaurants and attractions in close proximity...

Always remember: You get what you pay for...

Archived