Trivia Stories

karatemom2

IThe last cruise we didn't win one trivia game. There was this one team who won just about every one. One of the ladies on the team was also the most cruised with over 10,000 days on Princess ships. She's heard it all before.

I'm going to assume "10,000 days" is a bit of hyperbole. That's over 27 years. The Royal Princess godmother, Lorraine Arzt, is somewhere over 4000 days now, and the press release in 2007 described her feat as "the most time ever spent by a passenger aboard Princess ships".

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na843

Getting back to the point of trivia contests, I don't like the way they've gotten rather cutthroat and it does take the fun out of it. My DW and I play as a team of 2 and it does make the game simpler. We've held our own in the past, but more importantly having fun while doing it. Perhaps the team sizes should be reduced to 2 or 4. That would make it a more interesting challenge, wouldn't it? ;)

I'm going to assume "10,000 days" is a bit of hyperbole. That's over 27 years. The Royal Princess godmother, Lorraine Arzt, is somewhere over 4000 days now, and the press release in 2007 described her feat as "the most time ever spent by a passenger aboard Princess ships".

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na843

Getting back to the point of trivia contests, I don't like the way they've gotten rather cutthroat and it does take the fun out of it. My DW and I play as a team of 2 and it does make the game simpler. We've held our own in the past, but more importantly having fun while doing it. Perhaps the team sizes should be reduced to 2 or 4. That would make it a more interesting challenge, wouldn't it? ;)

I believe Lorraine is currently around the 5000 mark, which would equal a total of 14 consecutive years. We met them on the Royal 13 years ago and at that time they had over 1000 days. At that time she wasn't yet living on the ship.

To followup my previous post, one of the other problems is the relatively few number of trivia quizzes in use. The seem to get recycled enough that some "veteran" cruisers pretty much know the answers to all of the questions. I have seen a few exceptions. Alan and Alana (I believe they're on the Sea Princess now) come up with their own quizzes and have quite a few to select from. Before Peter Roberts was promoted to CD, he used to carry huge volumes of trivia books with him, and he could come up with a new quiz as he went along. Peter told me one reason he started doing this was to prevent people from memorizing the questions/answers and to allow others to win.

before my brain got old, I used to win trivia games....usually played with maybe

3 others on the team and we complemented each other. I have 2 Princess umbrellas,

CD holders, a great Princess travel alarm, travel diary, and assorted mugs etc.

Now, I guess, I'll be lucky to have a shot to win a luggage tag. It's fun to play,

though, and like several of you have said, you meet great people. I'm looking forward

to my Baltic cruise in Sept, but don't expect to have many opportunities to play trivia.

We have sailed on 7 river cruises, 3 Oceania and one on Princess with another this summer. I have found the trivia games on P to be the most rigid--only 6 to a team, no leeway on answers and the staff really don't know the answers. The least they could do is check the answers to make sure they are correct. Yes, we played just about every day on the P cruise, but towards the end the fun was gone. Will definitely try it on our cruise this summer--Dover-Dover, along the coast of Norway. Should be a good number of Brits on board to make it interesting. Pat;)

Archived