San diego hotel recommendations

melika091900

anyone have a suggestion for a hotel in san diego, for a 1 night pre cruise stay?

im not picky at all, dont expect much, i dont care how far we are from the cruise terminal since we will have our car with us since we are driving down,

i was looking for something in the 75$ and under a night range,

any thoughts ?

Hello,

You are not going to find much at that price in San Diego, but try the hotels/motels on Hotel Circle in San Diego. Some of these properties are getting older but still decent and you may find something there for about what you want to pay.

Fred

I'm not sure of the rate, but there is a Hampton Inn at 1531 Pacific Highway. It's only about two blocks to the pier & they have a free shuttle. Probably have a park & fly pkg as well. We stayed at another Hampton Inn about a month ago & I'm ALWAYS happy with Hampton's.

I agree about looking into the Best Western Seven Seas. While you may not find a room that cheap any place you would actually want to stay, you are also not going to find a cheap room with free parking or shuttle. Anything in that price range in the San Diego area is going to be a flophouse. Since parking near the pier costs a minimum of $8/day, and a shuttle from even an expensive downtown hotel would run you $10/person, I think you would do better with the Seven Seas free parking for the duration of your cruise and their free shuttle to and from the pier.

The Best Western Seven Seas is roughly a 10 min drive from the Terminal. You will not find a Hotel within the Cruise Terminal for under $100 +/day with parking fees.

Hotels within the area are the Hampton inn 1531 Pacific coast Hwy ( PCH ), Best Western Bayside 555 N Ash ( 4 -5 blks N from Terminal), Days Inn 1919 PCH, Comfort Inn 5102 N Harbor Blvd. The Terminal is located at 1140 N Harbor Drive

Archived