priceline hotel quesiton

angel-mom

I want Hilton or Marriott Biscayne Bay or Hyatt by the Miami port. What criteria do I need to put in to get one of these? If there a way to be guaranteed Hilton or Marriott?

There is no way to guarantee anything..and PL will only guarantee you a room with 1 bed.....

So..i suggest you check out betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com

they have lists of possible hotels in the various zones...and if you read through the site, you can learn what info you need to gather, so that you can ask for their bidding assistance....

i would first book a cancellable backup reservation.

I want Hilton or Marriott Biscayne Bay or Hyatt by the Miami port. What criteria do I need to put in to get one of these? If there a way to be guaranteed Hilton or Marriott?

You might wanna check out the star rating of priceline.com. It's says with each star what kind of hotel chain you might get. Of course, you pick the area where those hotels are located, the stars that could get you one of those and keep your fingers crossed. It might work for you. And check the price before bidding, giving a little more that half of what they ask normally

I paid $105 for a 4 star in Vancouver and ended up at the Westin. In San Diego booked a 3.5 Stars for 140 and ended up at the Sheraton. But still, if trying a 4 stars in Miami, it might get you a Westin too, since it seems you get them pretty easily (got Westin in Las Vegas, Vancouver and Seattle). Good luck to you, cause sometimes you can get a great deal, even not ending up at the hotel you would like.

We have been fortunate enough to get each of these hotels in the past when we have bid on Priceline for a three or four star hotel in downtown Miami. As others have said, there are no guarantees but the number of hotels in that district which fit that criteria is very limited and you should be quite satisfied with whatever hotel you get. I am a member of the loyalty programs for each of the chains you mention and contact the hotel with that information as soon as my reservation is confirmed. I have never encountered any problems when making special requests.

Yesterday, I put in bid for a hotel in Downtown Miami and I got the Courtyard

Marriott. We have not stayed there before..we have stayed at the Hyatt and it was nice for our pre-cruise stay.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Courtyard Marriott before? Just wondering if it

is as nice as the Hyatt or even better. Also, we always go to the Bayside Market too, and should we still take a taxi or is it in walking distance.

Archived