Biggest RCI/Cruise/Passenger Pet Peeve

Atty

My pet peeve is the older ships with the shower curtain instead of the door. It always sticks to my butt:p

That is no longer a problem for me as I no loger have a butt...lost it in the stock market :(

1. I cannot tolerate inconsideration and rudeness to the handicapped.

2. I really hate to see all the waste in the Windjammer. And I am referring to heaped-up plates being left...over-the top wastefulness. I've also seen this a lot at the midnight buffets..it's probably a good idea that these have been discontinued.

No self-serve laundries. That is the only problem I have with RCI. I prefer to wash my own clothes.

Originally Posted by time4me2fly viewpost.gif

When a group of people are waiting for an elevator and the first person walks on and stands up front by the door.

1 I see that everywhere we go, people really need to wait til every one is off then let the Disabled , the elderly and the injured go first, as the others can walk, Im getting over a broken ankle and its surprising how few open a door or hold an elevator the elderly were the best at opening doors

2 I have seen people at a chocolate Bufet (our first cruise) this one couple each took a huge helping took a little taste then left the plate on the table and went back for more,

3 I wish I could spend a couple hours and do a load of wash then I could get away with less luggage

when DH and I sit in the smoking area he complains til I remind him this is the smoking area if you dont like it sit some where else neither of us smokes and we like to eat out doors and sometimes have sat in the smoking area by mistake

1. When there are several people waiting on an elevator, then some slob walks up just as the elevator arrives and makes sure THEY get on first. Even though others have been waiting several minutes. Irritates me so, I always use the stairs.

2. When people push and shove into the dining room like a cattle herd. Your table is YOUR table. No one is going to get your seat!

3. Smokers, especially cigar smokers, on the balconies. Not just the occasional ones, the ones that smoke for the entire cruise, non-stop (it seems). One cruise we couldn't even enjoy our balcony and could NEVER leave the sliding door open. I swear that man was out there every time we went out.

4. People who set their alarm for the midnight buffet, but are never in their room when the alarm goes off. It just continues to beep.

This isn't a pet peeve. I'm simply puzzled. Cruise ship restrooms all have that distinct odor. It's not necessarily foul but certainly not pleasant. With all the latest gadgets and things to "wow" people, you'd think they'd pump in a scent or install commercial deodorizers. I'm so aware of various scents and odors that the smells in the restrooms has begun to bug me. My vote for the very best smelling place is the Venetian in Las Vegas. From what I read, lots and lots of reserach has gone into how one's perception is effected by scents.

My turn: People who show up late for dinner in the MDR like the waitstaff is there just for them.

Had a couple on the Brilliance who showed up every night 30 minutes late for dinner. They acted like they were oblivious to their lateness. How rude. Ever hear of the Windjammer? Then to top it off, they didn't show on the last night. I sure hope they pre-paid their gratuities, but something tells me they didn't.

I'm a pretty laid back sort of person, but ...

When did it become acceptable to wear a baseball hat inside? I have sat at many tables in the Windjammer with people next to me wearing hats while eating. Am I right out of step here or does anyone else think that this shows a shocking lack of manners?

Mine would have to be the people not having any fun and making sure everyone else knows they aren't having any fun! I mean, come on! They are on vacation on a freaking cruise! I call these people not on the happy tour! Life is just too short!

My pet peeve is the stumbling drunks:

A lady actually poured her drink on my daughter's lap near the pool because she "tripped" (she walked crookedly all the way across the deck and was wobbling around). Strawberry Daquiri Mix is a pain to get out of terrycloth without a good washing machine. All she said "ohh damn honey, you know these things are too good to waste", No apology for pouring the drink on a 6 yr old.

Also, the guy who decided to puke into the garbage can next to our seats. Always a pleasure!!

Now I'm a drinker, but come on, have you ever heard of moderation?

1. Parents who let their children run wild through the dining room, and the whole ship in general.

2. RCCL staff who do nothing about the children running wild through the dining room, and ship in general.

3. People who don't even try to look nice on formal nights, yet insist on eating in the dining room.

4. Not being allowed to bring on a single bottle of wine, even though the wine selection on board is limited and very overpriced.

5. The sheer fact that Boonsfarm was available for the wine tasting! Are you kidding me???

1. Parents who let their children run wild through the dining room, and the whole ship in general.

2. RCCL staff who do nothing about the children running wild through the dining room, and ship in general.

3. People who don't even try to look nice on formal nights, yet insist on eating in the dining room.

4. Not being allowed to bring on a single bottle of wine, even though the wine selection on board is limited and very overpriced.

5. The sheer fact that Boonsfarm was available for the wine tasting! Are you kidding me???

Boonsfarm? You ARE kidding!

That is a disgrace!

Archived