Trivia on NCL

karatemom2

We are frequent Princess cruisers and one of the things we love is trivia. We have only been on NCL once a couple of years ago and I don't really remember much about the activities onboard. We have booked a spring break cruise on the Star in April, and I was just wondering if anyone can tell me about what to expect for trivia contests onboard.

It really depends upon the cruise directors staff... some are better than others.

Some cruises have a progressive trivia that runs all week long, others have morning and afternoon (and even some early evening as well) trivia ...

It really depends how much the staff puts into it.

We are frequent Princess cruisers and one of the things we love is trivia. We have only been on NCL once a couple of years ago and I don't really remember much about the activities onboard. We have booked a spring break cruise on the Star in April, and I was just wondering if anyone can tell me about what to expect for trivia contests onboard.

We have always found trivia on all ships including NCL. I think, because they are very port intensive the trivia isn't quite as active as some, but they will have it 2 or 3 times a day. On our Spirit cruise they offered an ongoing one, that lasted the entire cruise plus 2 others per day..

I will say, for some reason I liked trivia on Princess a little better, maybe it was the group we played with. We were all from CC.

Nita

Hi,

I love trivia and have played on all the major cruise lines. Basically the game is played the same- you join a group with a maximum of six players. Some games are general trivia, others might be music or movies or colors, etc. Last year on the Gem, you got a card that you took to each game that was punched once if you played and twice if you won. You "cashed in" the last day of the cruise. If you had 20 punches, you won a tee-shirt. I never found any line's trivia preferable but the prizes used to be better!!

Susan

Last year on the Star, they had a progressive trivia in the Red Lion Pub. You didnt necessarily have to be there every time, but I guess you got "extra" points if you participated all week. But anyway, we played a time or two, teamed up with a very nice couple one time and we even won! Some cheesy key chains or something, but still fun to win! Then came in second or third the next time...loved it! Good times!

Last year on the Star, they had a progressive trivia in the Red Lion Pub. You didnt necessarily have to be there every time, but I guess you got "extra" points if you participated all week. But anyway, we played a time or two, teamed up with a very nice couple one time and we even won! Some cheesy key chains or something, but still fun to win! Then came in second or third the next time...loved it! Good times!

yep, we won the key chain as well, but ours had a light on it and is really pretty nice.

Nita

We play trivia on every cruise and haven't found much of a difference among the different lines. Yes, the prizes are cheesy, but we always meet some great people.

Of course, there are the "super competitors" who sometimes take some of the fun away, but for the most part it is a good way to meet people, an maybe learn something!

David

On the Pearl two weeks ago, they had trivia each evening outside the LeBistro restaurant. I think that they had it at other times each day as well.

One day, I heard the staff person reading the questions, and it was really funny. Her accent and pronounciation of the words made it very difficult for the players to even understand the questions, let alone come up with the answers!! I guess it can make the game more interesting unless you have a 'super competitor' in the crowd.

We love trivia and played all the time. The last time were were on NCL we had a very good group for the week-long trivia, which was every day. Half way through the cruise we were quite a bit ahead and well... not all the other trivia teams were very sportsmanlike. But we had a lot of fun.

The best prizes have always been on RCL and Celebrity, for us at least. We almost had a full dozen T-shirts from our last Celebrity cruises and gave some away. How many T-shirts can one man use :)

On our last Dawn cruise, they had a good selection of trivia. They had one or two regular trivia sessions per day, in the pub. They also had progressive trivia (which I think we didn't do because it was usually around the time we went to dinner). I think they also had a music trivia, and a movie trivia. Like others have said, it depends on the crew...one time we had an awesome Canadian girl who did most of the trivia, and on the last cruise we had a terrific guy from St. Lucia (can't remember either of their names).

Archived