Solstice Deck 8-Cabins with Trundle/Pullman??

Janet987

Tromvest has been able to book Deck 8 cabin for 4 pax. It was my understanding that Deck 8 was only doubles (though this might change on Equinox) . See comments on previous unanswered thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=908338

Has anyone had 3 or 4 passengers in a Deck 8 cabin? If so, was it a trundle or pullman and what number was it?

Janet:

We have room 8234 booked on Solstice as a foursome. I think the symbols on deck 8 are incorrect. Why am I not suprised. Was the person you spoke to Celebrity who told you deck 8 was for doubles only the same one as the person who told my T/A that the angled balconies are the same size as the others? :)

Ron

I guess everything on the Deck 8 plan is inaccurate. Hard to believe they haven't fixed it yet.

Again, I give up!:confused: Not only did Celebrity phone reps tell me this (and Ron, also that double sofas flipped out :-) I asked the question at Guest Services on board Solstice and they too stated Deck 8 was double occupancy only. Should have asked the cabin attendants, the only staff who really know the layout.

So Howard, it's up to you now to get every single cabin on Deck 8 straightened out and can add this question to your list. Thank you for all your advice and have a great cruise.

I too was under the impression Deck 8 was just doubles and so did the Celebrity rep. I spoke to today...BUT AFTER making my booking, I found another online deck plan that showed differently. I immediately called back to see what configuration our room had...which happened to be a double sofa bed. This leads to my questions...

1) What do the rooms that sleep 2 have in it? A sofa, loveseat, or chairs? Are the sofabeds "firmer" (making them more or less comfortable) than the other seating arrangement? Since we don't need the sofabed, would we do better switching?

2) Also, if a room has an adjoining door, does it eliminate a piece of furniture that a room without would have?

Thanks for any info.

Trudy

Trudy,

Please link the on-line deck plan that shows 3/4 pax cabins on Deck 8. Checked X's website for Solstice and Equinox, and don't see them, so your help would be appreciated.

1. My understanding is all veranda cabins have the exact same size, same white plether sofa; no matter the configuration (bed near balcony or bath). A "sofa sleeps two" has a trundle, which is a mattress on a "drawer" that pulls out. So no, switching will not change the comfort of the sofa at all, which is firm no matter the base.

See my photos in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=856181&highlight=. And Elena's excellent photos of a cabin with sofa w/o trundle. http://leftcoasters.smugmug.com/gallery/7051726_Pzoiv#P-1-15

2. No, there is no difference in the cabins that are connected and those that are not.

Trudy,

Please link the on-line deck plan that shows 3/4 pax cabins on Deck 8. Checked X's website for Solstice and Equinox, and don't see them, so your help would be appreciated.

Here's the link to the the deck plan noting 3/4 pax on Deck 8. I couldn't find a key to show what the symbols represented but assume (like X)triangle for upper berth, closed square for sofabed for 1, open square for sofabed for 2.

http://res.*****.com/travel/cruise/shipdeck.rvlx?ShipID=54491&DeckID=27775&printable=1

I'm a little confused between a sofabed that sleeps one and the other that sleeps two. How are they different when not opened?

Trudy

Well, well; that deckplan is most interesting. It's not on X's own website, but cabins are still "off" by one, so it definitely came from X's original.:)

Don't worry about sofa beds that sleep one. Only in handicap cabins to accommodate enough floor space for wheelchair access, but they are the same when not opened.

Truly, I'm totally baffled by this deckplan. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Many of us has been told by X staff, even on-board, who should know, that Solstice Deck 8 is doubles only. However, another person learned that X plans to add 3/4 pax cabins to Deck 8 on the Equinox.

Could there possibly be some confusion caused when Equinox bookings loaded into the X computer system? Also notice this question has been asked on CC for a while and no response yet from someone who has already sailed in a Deck 8 cabin with 3 or 4 pax.

Leaving this mega-ship mystery to you (or Signman may help clear it up) I'm out of here on the lovely "small" Century with accurate deckplans.:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Might have missed a discussion on this since Jan but don't find it with search, and still looking for clarification.

Howard (signman): see that you are back and assume you had a fabulous cruise. did you have a moment to check out deck 8 some more? nothing has changed on the X website deckplans and wondered if you saw any of the mystery trundles. looking forward to your reviews.

Tromvest or anyone who has sailed in deck 8 cabin: did it have a trundle or pullman? Many thanks, Janet

Our TA just reserved us a cabin for three of us on deck 8 with an upper berth. The Celebrity deck plans don't show the symbols for extra cabin capacity, but some of the on-line reservation websites do.

Sue

Archived