Anyone have the details on the Alaska 2 for 1 Sale?

happy cruzer

Thank you, Cruzzer, but my husband has never sailed Princess before, just me. He does not have a member id number. I would try that in a heartbeat if it would work.

It may be worth bugging my TA to keep at it, and maybe making some calls to Princess myself. I am worried that my in-laws will back out of the cruise, now that they know about the lower rate *we* are getting, and they aren't. It means my vacation dollars will be spent travelling to their house for our yearly get togther, rather than being on a cruise ship.:(:(

Someone mentioned that the email went out to some peopke who have never cruised Princess before. Anyone have info on that?

Thanks so much, everyone!

seattle2000 - We were in similar situation, trying to use our Carnival Past Guest "status" to get the 2-for-1 Alaska Rate offered to (some) Princess Past Guests:

(1) Several reservationists had the same story, that the Carnival Past Guest Rate is offered on Some ships, Sometimes, Some Categories by calling Princess and asking if the Vacation Interchange Rate (VIP) is being offered on the specific cruise you're interested in. They claim not to be able to "list" all cruises that offer same. I called numerous times about various Alaska Cruises and couldn't find any with VIP rates, and I could tell that the reservationists weren't too sure what I was talking about.

(2) Discarding the VIP approach, I finally wrote a letter to Princess Guest Relations explaining that I was trying to take advantage of the Vacation Interchange Program (as advertised in Princess and Carnival brochures) to use my Carnival Past Guest Status to get the Alaska 2-for-1 Rates currently offered to Princess Past Guests (it now looks that there have been sufficient complaints that Princess has opened up these rates to any Princess Past Guest). A week later a Supervisor called me and offered some reduced rates for the Alaska cruise I was interested in that were not quite 2-for-1 but far below the rates on the web page. I was happy.

Good Luck,

ken

I have never sailed Princess before, although I have been on HAL. I booked Princess for a September Alaska cruise months ago. When I heard on these boards about the sales I signed up at princess.com for their emails. Maybe a week later I got the Balcony Bonanza email with half-off rates on some categories, so I rebooked my cruise through my TA using the "coupon number" in the email (which is my Princess member number). I dropped from an AD minisuite to a BB balcony but I saved $1400. I then also received the 2 for 1 email, but only for cruisetours.

So sign your husband up online.

Nancy

It may be worth bugging my TA to keep at it, and maybe making some calls to Princess myself. I am worried that my in-laws will back out of the cruise, now that they know about the lower rate *we* are getting, and they aren't. It means my vacation dollars will be spent travelling to their house for our yearly get togther, rather than being on a cruise ship.:(:(

Give Princess a call directly and talk to a "supervisor in guest relations". They will first tell you that the supervisor won't talk to you because you are booked with a TA. Thank them for the info but then insist you speak with a supervisor anyway. When you get the supervisor on the line talk to them about wanting to "share the wealth" with your parents. Tell them that your TA has tried several times to get the discount rate for your parents but with no success and that's why you're trying to plead yourself. Make sure you tell them how worried you are that your parents will cancel and how it will leave such a bad taste with these potential cruisers etc. etc. especially after you've told them how wonderful Princess is and how hard you've worked to bring more cruisers over to Princess......you get the idea. Keep going until the supervisor tells you that they will see what they can do.

It will be worth it.

The prices are just so good that we canceled the HAL cruise we had booked and reserved the Golden. I'm really excited about the savings!!

I did the same thing. Ended up booking a B2B on the Coral Princess -- mini-suite going up and inside guarantee coming back (hoping the upgrade fairy pays a visit). The 2 weeks turned out to be $200 less than the 1 week we had booked on HAL Westerdam in a Verandah cabin. I can't believe it!:D

I was looking forward to trying HAL for the first time, but couldn't pass up the Princess' prices. HAL doesn't seem to be discounting as much as Princess.

Thank you all so much. I will give Princess a call in the morning. I want to keep this trip! I KNOW that once we get them onboard, they will want to cruise Alaska again, doing the north/south runs, and maybe a cruisetour. I just need to keep them from backing out, and suggesting we drive to Alaska from Seattle instead :eek::eek::eek:

They love the great outdoors, and travel a lot in the summer. I am hoping to show them that you CAN do and see a lot, and still come home to a comfy berth every night.

This is interesting. I was told by my TA who checked with Princess that the only way we could get this rate for another couple was to book 1 of them in a room with me and another in a room with hubby ( since each of us is eligible for past passenger rate) and then officially switch who is in each cabin when we board the ship.

This is exactly what our TA said that PCL rep and supervisor told her we would have to do if we wanted our friends to go with us. They have never sailed prior so the only way to get them the reduced rate was to book this way....Our TA told me that it is done all the time.

Your TA is technically correct. This IS the proper way to do it. Some TA's have had some luck with pleading "share the wealth" with Princess.

This was a past guest promo that was sent to SELECT guests. There was no rhyme or reason to why some past guests got it and some didn't. I didn't and tried many times through my TA to get it anyway. I do believe she gave it the old college try but was unsuccessful. This really started to bug me after a while so I called Princess myself, talked to Guest Relations Supervisor and pretty much raised the roof and whined my face off. They finally relented and added the promo to our past guest number and then I called the TA back and got refared. It took me a solid week or more of efforts but in the end it was worth it. We wound up with a substantial deduction, but (and this is probably nitpicky) it was NOT a 2/1 deal as in from the prices showing on the website. It was more a 2/1 from the brochure prices. Either way it was a lot less than we were paying so I'm happy, happy, happy.

And now, after never getting these types of offers, today we received a promo for a sailing for Australia/New Zealand that was pretty good so I guess we're finally on some email listing. Won't be taking advantage of the promo we just got, but still glad to receive it.

The Princess rep told our TA that they would have allowed our friends to join in on the fare if they had sailed PCL prior but since they were not past guests

Archived