Flight out of Heathrow

Joyce B.

What is the earliest flight we can book out of Heathrow after our cruise? We are booked for 1:50 p.m. and Princess says this is a "conflict"???? Can we reasonably make this flight after disembarkment and customs? Help!

Many on our cruise last year had earlier flights than that and had no problem. They had private transfers booked so were off the ship and to the airport very early-Around 7:00 AM with flights before noon.

What flight times are Princess suggesting for your sailing? This has me interested.

What is the earliest flight we can book out of Heathrow after our cruise? We are booked for 1:50 p.m. and Princess says this is a "conflict"???? Can we reasonably make this flight after disembarkment and customs? Help!

We were told the same thing by Princess. Princess said that they could not guarantee that we would be at Heathrow before 2 PM. We wanted to fly BA and the last flight to Miami leaves at 1:40 PM. They suggested that we stay overnight in London and fly out the next day.

Evelyn & Bob

We will be returning from the Mediterranean Medley cruise on May 23 (a Saturday). Our TA talked to Princess and they told her the computer automatically puts the "conflict" message on flights leaving before 2 p.m. Since our flight is at 1:50 p.m., surely we can make the flight that is only 10 minutes earlier??

Since this is the only Delta flight to Atlanta, we are going to take a chance that we will make the flight.

If anyone has experience on disembarkment at Southamption, let me know.

I asked Princess the same question about my cruise in June. We are disembarking on July 7, a Tuesday. Princess told me 1 PM. There was a USAir flight leaving Heathrow at 1:05, but even with Princess saying 1 was ok I was uncomfortable, so I booked a 5PM flight.

I was more worried about the time it takes in Heathrow than anything else. I remember the last time I was there it took forever just to get through security. I gave myself lots of room for that.

You should be able to make a 1:50 flight without problems. You should generally allow 2 hours to get to Heathrow from Southampton (it is really about 90 minutes, but I would allow 2 hours for traffic) and it is recommended that you check in at the airline 2 hours prior to your flight for an international flight. I have cruised to/from Southampton 6 times now and even taking into account the one year of nightmare disembarkation we were always off the ship by 9:30 at the latest, usually earlier, more like 8:00 - 8:30.

You should have plenty of time to get to LHR from the ship. People on early flights last year began leaving the ship about 6am. However, these people had to carry off their own luggage as I believe the shore crews dont start unloading until about 8am. Being a Saturday, you'll have no problems with traffic. Your only problem would be if the ship were delayed, it can happened, we could have rough weather in the Bay of Biscay even at that time of the year. I used the word 'we' as Mary and I are on the Grand for the same trip.

Jimmy

You should be able to make a 1:50 flight without problems. You should generally allow 2 hours to get to Heathrow from Southampton (it is really about 90 minutes, but I would allow 2 hours for traffic) and it is recommended that you check in at the airline 2 hours prior to your flight for an international flight. I have cruised to/from Southampton 6 times now and even taking into account the one year of nightmare disembarkation we were always off the ship by 9:30 at the latest, usually earlier, more like 8:00 - 8:30.

As someone who travels on the M3 from just outside Southampton to London every few weeks to visit family, there can be horrendous queues - it has taken us 3 to 4 hours on some occasions to reach the London area so you really need to get the earliest transfer that you can, especially if you are travelling on a Friday:eek: although early Saturday should be okay.

Thanks for all the info. We are keeping our 1:50 flight.

How long does it take to go through customs at Southamption? Are they nice??

Princess says it take 2.5 hours to get to Heathrow from Southamption?

On a Saturday, should we anticipate a long line for security check at Heathrow?

Just trying to assure myself that we can make the flight!!!

As someone who travels on the M3 from just outside Southampton to London every few weeks to visit family, there can be horrendous queues - it has taken us 3 to 4 hours on some occasions to reach the London area so you really need to get the earliest transfer that you can, especially if you are travelling on a Friday although early Saturday should be okay

Dido! We've travelled though the U.K. a number of times, and the traffic can be quite horrendous, as mentioned! Good Luck!

Thanks for all the info. We are keeping our 1:50 flight.

How long does it take to go through customs at Southamption? Are they nice??

Princess says it take 2.5 hours to get to Heathrow from Southamption?

On a Saturday, should we anticipate a long line for security check at Heathrow?

Just trying to assure myself that we can make the flight!!!

The time all depends on the traffic that morning. But 2-2.5 hours isn't unheard of.

There are many transfer companies that will take you to the airport and if you can find others to join you, like on your roll call, it makes it less expensive. Good Luck!

Archived