I feel we long time CC'ers have been beaten into submission and the great debates

fig414

I'm pretty sure I say stuff they don't like all the time.

I didn't know we shouldn't tell people when we have a good experience on a excursion, and I love to share the information with people, when I see a thread that asks what's good to do in Grand Cayman? or where ever, I've had some excursions that have absolutely MADE my cruise complete and so I share that info, well I did, I guess I won't anymore unless asked directly, but it's a shame, because the info on these enjoyable tours I got from fellow CC members<sigh>

Guienever(thats really hard to spell, I'm sure I screwed it up)

I think that our society as a whole stereotypes as a normal rule, it's unfortunate and rather ignorant, but there ya go.

The thread on "alternate lifestyles" that got pulled was FULL of stereotypes and untrue assumptions.

I suppose that people don't change, but then it's their loss.

I've met more intellegent, charming and INTERESTING people, that might look different than me and the "norm" of society, but if I didn't step outside that stereotyping mode, I would have missed some of the best friends in my life. And truly who am I, or anyone else to judge someone, on their looks or style? The heart is my concern, if you have a good heart I don't care what you wear, how you decorate your body or who you sleep with. Not my concern and not my job to judge people.

Happy sailing, Carole

Yup - cruise critic has gotten nasty because of the economy. It's all Bush's fault! j/k.. ;)

LOL, you know I read somewhere that in order for people to maintain an even keel they need at least a weekend vacation every 3 months and at least a two week vacation every year. More reasons for me to book more cruises. :)

LOL, you know I read somewhere that in order for people to maintain an even keel they need at least a weekend vacation every 3 months and at least a two week vacation every year. More reasons for me to book more cruises. :)

Sounds good to me.. ..;) how about at least three weeks?:D

This is quite true. Everyone is extremely brave when they don't have to talk to you face to face. I think the best examples are the news sites where people can leave comments. I almost feel bad when I read articles and see how bad people get slandered for no reason. However, if you want to know how people REALLY feel, this is the way to get the open and honest opinions...

I for one would never make a statement on here that I wouldn't say to someone's face ( as long as they are much smaller and weaker than I ) :p

Seems simple but its not.We have too many people who like to make crap up.Lets take Formal nights.They are gone,but a few weeks ago we had a poster post that 99% were dressed in Formal attire:rolleyes:.What a joke.

I'm sorry. Who are you again to know the makeup of what that cruiser saw on her vacation?

No' date=' it's not Carnival's fault that little junior invades the hot tub; it's the parents. The jeans issue is in response to the Jed Clampetts who haven't a clue what a cruise is supposed to be and have never been exposed to social situations where one is expected to comport themselves with some sort of social grace....the cruiselines have capitulated to that market in almost all respects.

And, just because something is allowed doesn't mean it's proper or the right thing to do.[/quote']

Jed Clampetts? What makes anyone think poorly of those who wear jeans? Formal nite is gone! Jeans are here to stay! Yeah!

The "jeans, no jeans" nonsense has raged on the Carnival board forever. I am a fan of the old formal nites and not a jeans wearer. Did wear them this past week because it was so cold [30's] here.

But the odd thing is that when Carnival did away with formal nites and released the new "cruise elegant" dress code, it was the first time in Carnival's history that jeans were officially mentioned. Until then, there was NO restriction on the wearing of jeans on Carnival. In fact, no mention of jeans at all.

Dan

The "jeans, no jeans" nonsense has raged on the Carnival board forever. I am a fan of the old formal nites and not a jeans wearer. Did wear them this past week because it was so cold [30's] here.

But the odd thing is that when Carnival did away with formal nites and released the new "cruise elegant" dress code, it was the first time in Carnival's history that jeans were officially mentioned. Until then, there was NO restriction on the wearing of jeans on Carnival. In fact, no mention of jeans at all.

Dan

LOL! Too funny! Could be with all the bitching going on here about jeans....... was the reason they finally put the jean word in their suggested dress codes..........although it still does not stop the bitching:D

They have always been allowed in the dining room since we first started cruising........never new it was such a big deal until I read it on here:D

Now that I think about it most every bitch I hear on here....in reality has never been a big deal IMO.....

LOL! Too funny! Could be with all the bitching going on here about jeans....... was the reason they finally put the jean word in their suggested dress codes..........although it still does not stop the bitching:D

They have always been allowed in the dining room since we first started cruising........never new it was such a big deal until I read it on here:D

Now that I think about it most every bitch I hear on here....in reality has never been a big deal IMO.....

lmao

OP here.

Sorry, I was away on business for a few days and missed the excitement. I read ALL the responses and thought they were almost all quite good. All sides. Many sides. In my early second post I tried to explain that we totally accept the masses have spoken and that's fine. It will be and always will be Carnival for us. My original post about being beaten into submission, I know see, was the fight for the dining room. The fights are SO smaller and less enthusiastic. This is to those who say "move on" and "stop worrying about what other people are wearing". We get it. This was simply a thread stating I miss thinking CC members had some sway. Naive, maybe. But it was fun though..............

OP here.

Sorry, I was away on business for a few days and missed the excitement. I read ALL the responses and thought they were almost all quite good. All sides. Many sides. In my early second post I tried to explain that we totally accept the masses have spoken and that's fine. It will be and always will be Carnival for us. My original post about being beaten into submission, I know see, was the fight for the dining room. The fights are SO smaller and less enthusiastic. This is to those who say "move on" and "stop worrying about what other people are wearing". We get it. This was simply a thread stating I miss thinking CC members had some sway. Naive, maybe. But it was fun though..............

Really Naive. CC members have zero sway in the real scheme of things.Even the numbers about CC are just that,numbers. 202,000+ members.How many have posted in the last 60 days?

This is a for profit board,the illusion of many members is just that and topics that get heated are money makers.The more post's,the more clicks ,the more money.

Shouldn't you use the phrase "Dining area" instead of Dining room.It is more like a cafeteria with pre-prepared food isn't it?:p:D

Steve

Jed Clampetts? What makes anyone think poorly of those who wear jeans? Formal nite is gone! Jeans are here to stay! Yeah!

I certainly don't think poorly of those who have no clue about what's appropriate and what's not......I feel sorry for them.

I've nothing against jeans at all....I live in them. But there is a time an place for everything. Most of us learned this growing up...from our parents who set the example. Others didn't have that opportunity.

The last 2 cruises "formal Night" was in full attendance with most being somewhat dressed up. I did see tux's/gowns but less formal was all around... It did seem that elegant night still holds out the choice of really dressing up and many choose to do so. I did not enter the dining room as was bushed and decided not to dress up that night (made a mistake and did it the night before) but did wander around the ship and it was obvious it was formal/elegant night.

Seems simple but its not.We have too many people who like to make crap up.Lets take Formal nights.They are gone,but a few weeks ago we had a poster post that 99% were dressed in Formal attire:rolleyes:.What a joke.This is the type of info that new people get the wrong idea from.You want to delete post's?This is the type that should be deleted when they are 100% wrong and misleading.

Steve

Well, I cruise 3/4 times a year......mostly on Carnival. I can tell you that, in spite of the relaxed dress codes, MOST people still dress formally or semi-formally on "Elegant" nights. While there are fewer tuxedoes, most men still wear dark suit and tie - most women still wear nice evening dress. Those who forego suits wear dress slacks, dress shirt and tie - I see many who wear a nice sweater over shirt and tie...women are in sundresses or nice skirt/slacks and blouse. Those who show up dressed for a night out at Applebees stick out like a sore thumb......

It's not misleading. The majority of cruisers dress for dinner.....

I read here and really never tend to get into the debates.

I feel Its Carnivals decisions to make and not ours.

When I board the ship I just take care myself and family ,and let everyone else take care of theirs.

Remember we ALL are just renting a spot on a ship .

Make the best of your vacation , I do.

I read here and really never tend to get into the debates.

I feel Its Carnivals decisions to make and not ours.

When I board the ship I just take care myself and family ,and let everyone else take care of theirs.

Remember we ALL are just renting a spot on a ship .

Make the best of your vacation , I do.

You know that is probably one of the most responsible and enlightened posts I've read on these boards. Good advice. Take care. :)

Archived