Carnival Drink Coupons

Cruisequest

I am purchasing Carnival Drink Coupons (4 for $19.50) for my MIL because though she loves the special drinks, she will not spend the money for them.(or rather doesn't have the money for them.)

So, what drinks will be a bargain with these coupons?

I've "heard" you shouldn't buy beer with them or well drinks but the more foo-foo drinks. Is this correct?

Any help will be welcomed- THANKS!

I haven't sailed with Carnival in few years, and until just recently I din't know they even had drink coupns. Thought I might buy a couple 4 packs so my S/O doesn't have a heart attack when he gets his sail and sign bill. I believe all drinks are included, even the tip. Even if you drink only beer I believe you're still saving money. But heck while on vacation drink the foo foo drinks. How often can you enjoy a Fun Ship special watching the sunset or listening to the carib music. Relax and just have fun.

When and what ship are you sailing on?

Cruisequest - I have one extra drink coupon I would like to give to you or your mil. I ordered the 4 coupons but were unable to use them all on my cruise to nowhere just recently. The foo foo drinks were so filling and the cruise was only 2 nites long I couldn't drink that much. If you want to e-mail

me your address I will mail it to you. I just got on this site to start a thread when I saw you had started this one.

cruises@alltel.net

http://community.webshots.com/album/37944457xihAnV

The coupons do not save you lots of money- what the coupons do is pre-pay your sign and sail card. They work if you are wise and do your homework with them.

Drinks of the day are 2.95- so the drink coupons are not for those--yuu will lose money- these drinks are 6-8 oz. To use the drink coupon - the first day you buy the soverneir glass...and use that glass the rest of the week for refills at 4.50 (14oz)

Do not use drink coupons for mixed drinks as they cost 2.95. Do not use coupons for the small beers but use them for the 16 oz sizes.

Drink coupons can be used for any drink under 5 bucks. There is the link for the bar menu. You see that drinks costs upward to 7 bucks. (the coupons are good for the glass of wine at dinner that costs under 5 bucks...or use all 4 coupons toward the bottle.

Cruisequest - I have one extra drink coupon I would like to give to you or your mil. I ordered the 4 coupons but were unable to use them all on my cruise to nowhere just recently. The foo foo drinks were so filling and the cruise was only 2 nites long I couldn't drink that much. If you want to e-mail

me your address I will mail it to you. I just got on this site to start a thread when I saw you had started this one.

cruises@alltel.net

Drink coupons can be used for future cruises. Best deal I had was when I got coupons for the Sensation when they were 4 for 15 bucks and used them 2 years later for a cruise on the Victory when coupons were selling 4 for 20.

I often wondered how many calories in those frozen drinks--yes they are very filling

You are not SUPPOSED to use them for drinks over $4.75, however... I have used them for several drinks over $4.75 without a problem... I also tip my "usual" waiter very good at the beginning of the cruise, that probably has something to do with it :D

I purchased some of the coupons for my sailing on the Destiny a couple weeks ago. Each coupon said it was good for a drink up to $4.75; however, all the bartenders told us that the coupon should actually say $4.95. They let me use them on the frozen drinks that were priced up to $4.95. They will not let you use the coupon towards a more expensive drink and pay the difference. Example - for martinis, you have to actually purchase the drink with your sign and sail card.

Christine

Actually, the coupons on the website today are good for drinks not exceeding $3.75. So I don't know that they would be a good deal since there aren't that many drinks that cost less than $4.

Michelle: I think the picture they are using for that page is a very old picture. Not many drinks onboard a ship are under 3.75 today. The coupons i have now say 4.75

The prices you see on the web page are without adding a 15% gratuity. Coupons have the 15% factored in there. Coupons are not worth buying if you are getting a mixed drink. Or a small beer. Even the drink of the day specials. But if you get those drink of the day special in the sovernier cup as a refill it works out. 4.95 plus gratuity- you are a few cents ahead. Mostl buy the coupons to keep your sign and sail bill down.

Archived