St Petersburg tours

mourne

Hi everyone am booked on Jewel of the Seas 4th July was wondering if it is better to take ship tours or local guided tours e.g. Alla etc any help appreciated. :)

Mourne

Suggest you hop over to the Europe boards where the subject is covered in depth!. Between a personalised tour with 10-12 pax and a coach load of 40 pax I don't think there is any contest myself. We used Alla and they were fab.

mourne,

We did the Baltics last year and we done both the ships tour and a private tour and if given the choice again we would always do a private tour.

With the ships tour there was around 40-50 others and everything was just so rushed.

With the private tour we had a tour giude and a driver that showed us so much more of St.Petersburgh and because the tour guide was a Russian but spoke very good english we was able to learn a lot more then when we done the ships tour.

I personally would only ever do a private tour in St.Petersburgh.

I hope you have a lovely time,it's a lovely city

The Europe has all the info you need. A private tour is the way to go.See more and with 4-6 people probably cheaper in the long run.We decided to do St Petersburg with SPB-Tours.By the way we are also booked on Jewell of the Sea July 4th sailing.

Thanks everyone for all your advice I have researched a little and it gives me the goosebumps just reading about St Petersburg its sights and history. I am really looking forward to this cruise now, a bit doubtful at first.

I took your advice and have already contact Alla for a quote, from reading other boards it seems that the all in price for two days private is less than two ship excursions.

Jane, I had already read your review on 'Jewel' it was the one that made me smile, your people observations and style of writing seem similar to my own.

:) Happy Cruising

Margaret

Archived