Finally going on my second Carnival Cruise

travel_lover

Our first Carnival Cruise was on Destiny in 2003....6 years later we finally booked for Carnival Freedom in November.....what changes can we expect to see? 6 years is a long time and the cruising industry has changed a lot over the years. So what can you tell us that we should expect, not miss, or watch out for?

This question is for those Carnival experts or people who have sailed recently.

Any input would be appreciated.

We were on the Destiny last August and it is still a decent ship. Our cabin windows were so dirty it distorted any pics I took in the cabin.

I don't know that I would ever sail out of San Juan again (worst embarkation/deparkation process I have ever witnessed and 75% of the ship was filled with islanders). We chose the ship for the itinerary only (no sea days). The food was good, entertainment was OK. If you like I can send you a link to our pics.

We were on the Destiny last August and it is still a decent ship. Our cabin windows were so dirty it distorted any pics I took in the cabin.

I don't know that I would ever sail out of San Juan again (worst embarkation/deparkation process I have ever witnessed and 75% of the ship was filled with islanders). We chose the ship for the itinerary only (no sea days). The food was good, entertainment was OK. If you like I can send you a link to our pics.

We did the destiny 6 years ago. I'm excited about Freedom since it's a new ship. I don't even remember the embark/debark process in San Juan..that's how long ago it was.

I see you're going on the Sky...I will try to upload pics so I can send you ours we did a B2B spent Christmas just this past december on her. We're going in March again for a 3night on the Sky.

If you have any questions about the Sky I would be glad to help.

Oops!....I totally missed the part about the Freedom. I would check the member reviews section of the forum to see how others have liked it. It's a new ship so everything should onboard will be top notch. Wherever it sails, a day on a cruiseship is still better than one at home.

How did you like the Sky? I see you are booked for a 2nd trip so it must have been nice. We are thinking of pushing the Sky up to next January and taking either the Fantasy out of NOLA or the Fascination our of JAX. I'm waiting on a family member to rate the Fascination first - they are sailing today.

The sky is an older ship but it was nice. Its suppose to be going into dry dock for some upgrades but im not sure what they are going to upgrade. I liked the ship. It was pretty crowded for the holidays when me and my daughter (Travel_Lover) were on it. But we enjoyed ourselves.

I do agree with you that when you sail out of San Juan its mostly islanders on the ship.

If i recall the embarkation in San Juan went smooth, i had rented a car and i left my family at the cruise pier waiting for me to bring back the car and when i returned they were already on the ship and waiting for me in the area where the showes were at. The second we stepped on that ship I was amazed at how cruising was. From that moment on I was hooked! lol

Oops!....I totally missed the part about the Freedom. I would check the member reviews section of the forum to see how others have liked it. It's a new ship so everything should onboard will be top notch. Wherever it sails, a day on a cruiseship is still better than one at home.

How did you like the Sky? I see you are booked for a 2nd trip so it must have been nice. We are thinking of pushing the Sky up to next January and taking either the Fantasy out of NOLA or the Fascination our of JAX. I'm waiting on a family member to rate the Fascination first - they are sailing today.

I agree, being on vacation is better than being at home...specially with this winter weather i'm ready for the Caribbean sun!

The Sky was nice, the buffet was small so we usually ate lunch in the special italian resturant during lunch they served pasta (cooked right there when you ordered) and pizza. No charge. We lounged around the ship a lot and just relaxed. Was a real relaxing Cruise for us, the first time my mom and I just went by ourselves with our guys or family members so no drama....relax relax is what we did.

I see that you are going to Alaska in May on the Pearl. I have heard that is a great ship!

We are very excited about the Pearl we loved the Gem so I know will enjoy the Pearl.

Here is a link to our NCL Sky pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Hazeleyes1128/NCLSkyDecember192008ToDecember262008

Archived