Need advice for camera please!!

Dpeeps

We are going to be doing the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman and would like some advice on a decent "cheap" camera to purchase to take pictures while we are in the water and under water. Do not want to spend alot of $ on the camera because my husband has a good camera for regular pictures ....was thinking along the line of some kind of waterproof, disposable????? (maybe i'm not even using the right words??) :rolleyes: I don't know much about them ........thanks for any help here!!:)

If you are only going to be using the camera for a one time event such as "snorkeling" with the stingrays, then get a brand name one time use underwater film camera from either Kodak or Fuji. They are available from most large discount chain stores.

If you are a scuba diver, then the best choice for you is to buy a housing for your existing digital camera if there is one available. http://www.digideep.com is a good resouce to see if a housing is available for your camera. IF you don't already have a digital camera, Canon makes housing for a number of their lower priced cameras.

Archived