Ok I did it. Booked the GEM

JEDIKNIGHT

Myself, DW and 10 month DD. Plus in-laws.

Booked an AA, and an A4.

Our Cruise Gods, who art in Cruise heaven, NCL be thy name.

My family come, I hope the steaks aren't overdone on the Gem.

Provide us each day with good service, and good food.

And lead us not into long lines and cold food, but deliver us from the handful of negative reviews on NCL I've read.

For the NY port, the dates, the itinerary are yours, which is why I ultimately booked.

:D

We just got off the Gem this morning, you will enjoy yourself. There are some things that could have been done better but I get the impression that they are trying to improve what they have. I will try to post a review soon to better explain what I mean. There are some people out there who aren't happy unless they are complaining.

Oh sure, you start what has become near a riot on the Celebrity boards and then you go book NCL!!!;) Enjoy your cruise, I am very envious of your suite! I had an epiphany while wading through the vitriolic thread over there on Celebrity--- I think when you are traveling with a larger group (as you are) Freestyle really works better. You are going to sit with your family regardless and probably arent thinking about "the same companions for dinner". Also if you are bringing your daughter you are DEFINITELY better off. I am beginning to wonder what weapons I need to bring to protect my children from the Celebrity cruisers (one had the audacity to refer to children as "water rats" and "monsters". Oh yeah, I am feeling good about my cruise in April...... I hope it's the few bad apples "thing" happening and I am not about to let it spoil the whole bunch!!!

Again, Enjoy your cruise. we sailed with my mom last year and created memories that will last a lifetime.

We had room 9004 (AA) at the front of the ship and we had a wonderful time. We enjoyed the perks of an Owners Suite. The entire trip was absolutely wonderful. We do feel that being in this suite made a big difference though. We're going on another cruise in March (NLC) but only booking a balcony and we know this cruise will still be wonderful but it won't really compare to the GEM and room 9004. Here are some of the things we enjoyed:

Getting off the ship first during excurions.

Reserved seating in the Theatre.

Consierge was always available by a simple phone call to her.

Buter served breakfast to us 3 days and brought whatever we requested.

Large area to really enjoy the time in your cabin (2 flat screen tvs and wonderful stereo througout).

3 bottles of wine.

Phone given to us (from room) to contact buter or consierge whenver we needed them.

Fridge was always stocked with hubbys coke/water..etc.

Snack delivered daily around 4pm.

Stewards were awesome.

Two balconies....

View leaving each port and the wonders of NYC

The private garden/pool area and upper deck of ship was incredible and it felt as though we were the only ones on the ship at different times.

It was never crowed in the garden area for those of us in Suites and GV.

So, enjoy your trip. It's cold until you get to FL but the room is just a joy.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Archived