Where to eat in South Beach

racepoint

We'll be staying one night in South Beach, pre-cruise, next week and I'd like to get an idea for an awesome place for dinner. I'm not into French, Italian or nouvelle cousine. Great seafood/steaks at moderate pricing is what I'm looking for. We've been to Joe's Crab Shack before, so would like to hear of something different. We're staying at the Clinton Hotel and Spa on Washington Street. Any ideas?

We'll be staying one night in South Beach, pre-cruise, next week and I'd like to get an idea for an awesome place for dinner. I'm not into French, Italian or nouvelle cousine. Great seafood/steaks at moderate pricing is what I'm looking for. We've been to Joe's Crab Shack before, so would like to hear of something different. We're staying at the Clinton Hotel and Spa on Washington Street. Any ideas?

We like Jerry's Famous Deli. Open 24 hours and they have every type of food. Well, not every type, but all the types we like. ;)

We always eat at Puerto Sagua on Collins Ave. for authentic Cuban food. The restaurant isn't fancy but the food is great. Everything I've ordered there is good but the beef stew is fantastic. The prices are reasonable.

We had dinner at the 11th Street Diner, on Washington at 11th. We liked it so much we went back for breakfast the next morning - if a diner's not your idea for dinner, consider this place for breakfast. The weekend we were there they taped a segment for Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives." (No Guy Fieri sightings, though.)

A great place to find reviews of local restaurants is the website yelp.com; reviews by real people featuring most major cities - including Miami. I use it all the time here in Chicago and have found lots of great restaurants I would have bypassed otherwise!

Cuban; Puerto Saga or David's II

Haitian; Tap Tap

American: News Cafe, Van Dyke Cafe

All reasonable.

One tip, avoid Ocean Drive restaurants offering half price food. Total overpriced ripoff.

A great place to find reviews of local restaurants is the website yelp.com; reviews by real people featuring most major cities - including Miami. I use it all the time here in Chicago and have found lots of great restaurants I would have bypassed otherwise!

Thanks for the website. I love it:)

Archived