a trivial question for first time cruiser

knuffles

Hi everyone

I have a question for all you seasoned cruisers.

I am busy buying summer clothes while they are on special for my 1st cruise in september and am wondering what the temp is like in cabins at night? I don't know if I should go for long sleeve, short sleeve or sleeveless???? I don't know I'm a mix of excitment nerves and impatientness.

I know it is a really trivial question but I want to get it right as I dont usually wear much in the way of PJs but in same cabin as teenage son so I thought I'd spare him being scarred for life. :eek:

Another thing hubby is being absolutely negative about the fact he thinks he is going to get seasick and spend most of the time in the cabin "spewing"in his words lol.

Thanx for the informative info I have found on theses boards

Dani

Hi everyone

I am busy buying summer clothes while they are on special for my 1st cruise in september and am wondering what the temp is like in cabins at night? I don't know if I should go for long sleeve, short sleeve or sleeveless???? I don't know I'm a mix of excitment nerves and impatientness.

I know it is a really trivial question but I want to get it right as I dont usually wear much in the way of PJs but in same cabin as teenage son so I thought I'd spare him being scarred for life. :eek:

Another thing hubby is being absolutely negative about the fact he thinks he is going to get seasick and spend most of the time in the cabin "spewing"in his words lol.

Dani

Hi Dani

First of all, welcome to CC. Everyone around here is very helpful and any question you have, just ask. There's no such thing as a trivial or silly question around here. We all know how exciting it is to be going on your first cruise, and believe me, the excitement is no less the second time around.

I only ever wear short sleeve t-shirt nighties, at home & on a cruise. It's the only thing I find comfortable (I'm not a fan of flannelette). The temp in your cabin is controlled by you, there is a knob on the ceiling for turning it up or down. If you're not sure just ask your cabin steward. They are the most helpful people.

As for your husband thinking he's going to get sick, if he keeps thinking like that he'll talk himself into it. I think in a lot of cases it's mind over matter. Not all of course, some people genuinly suffer from seasickness. The ships these days are big & they have stabilizers and if he truly gets really sick, get him to the doc's for a needle and he'll be right for the rest of the cruise.

Hi everyone

Dani

Probably then not a good time to invest in some new sexy lingerie:eek::D

Hi knuffles,

Welcome to the boards. As others have said no question is too silly, so just ask away.

I agree with Karmac, and wear t.shirt type of nighties at home and on the ships. They are very comfortable to sleep in, and I don't get 'twisted 'up in them. They are also quite cheap and if you don't wear them at home you can save them for your next cruise. They are also very modest, for your sons benefit.... lol :p

I also tend to suffer from seasickness and I swear by phenergan, which can be also purchased over the counter. If your husband is going to take some sort of medication make sure he takes one first thing in the morning before you get on the ship .....I actually take my 1st tablet the night before, to get it in my system. I would really advise that you talk to your doctor or chemist about taking some medication with you as you really don't want to leave it till you are cruising as the doctor on board is NOT CHEAP and neither is any medication you may have to purchase.. Another tip is to take some stemital tablets in case he does start to feel sick. :rolleyes:

Does your husband get car sick or plane/train sick....if not he will probably be fine and he is worrying for nothing.:D

Welcome aboard...you will be perfectly comfortable in your cabin. i never take winter pjs no matter what the season.

Re the sea sickness....hubby will be fine. Take tablet before you sail. Any type of motion sickness usually subsides after the first couple of days.

Stay towards the centre of the ship if feeling unwell...motion will be stronger the higher the deck and towards the bow or the stern.

Hi everyone

Dani

tavacalm is very good for seasickness its an over the counter and natruel cant spell it sorry but tits good as fot in the cabin well im with you not much as said b4 u can control the temp in your cabin have fun what ship are u on?

Hey Dani,

Welcome aboard!

Ask away and we'll do our best to help.

I normally wear a singlet style top and comfy PJ shorts or pants. Inside on the ship is always a comfortable temperature where ever you are, including the dining room.

The best cure I know when experiencing the 'queasy' symptoms is to get out on deck in the fresh air - night or day. There is always something going on to divert your attention, or just looking at the far distant waves is good.

Happy cruising,

Moira

Archived