Just off the Legend

islahopper

Got off the Legend at 9am this morning. It was a great cruise, weather was perfect, food was good, ship clean, crew friendly. Hardly any kids, no chair hogs, great cabin and cabin steward. Had only one complaint, which was the people who camped out all day at the tables around the buffet, playing cards, reading, napping. They made it very hard to find a table at lunch time on sea days. Other than that (and it really is a small complaint) everything was great. I will post a longer review when I get back to work Tuesday or Wednesday. Be more than glad to answer any questions. By the way Roatan is not as bad as some people think.

Sorry, did not go to the piano bar. Yes Jen was the C.D., she did a great job, do not miss her two call in trivia shows, they are very funny. She even came to our cabin to bring us the prizes we won. As for pictures in the review, there will be none. I just reviewed the pictures on DB's tv and they are very poor.

Yes Jen was the C.D., she did a great job, do not miss her two call in trivia shows, they are very funny. She even came to our cabin to bring us the prizes we won.

I have to ask.........what is call in trivia? Sounds like you call in the answers from your room?

Was also on this cruise and had a blast. This ended up being one of my favs!! Everything was great, could of been a tad warmer for my liking. My only complaint was debarking in Grand Cayman. Very chaotic. Jason is the guy in the piano bar and he was excellent!! My family & I were in there almost every night. We're already looking into next year's cruise.

Was also on this cruise and had a blast. This ended up being one of my favs!! Everything was great, could of been a tad warmer for my liking. My only complaint was debarking in Grand Cayman. Very chaotic. Jason is the guy in the piano bar and he was excellent!! My family & I were in there almost every night. We're already looking into next year's cruise.

Thanks for the info. We are piano bar junkies. Our cruise on the Legend doesn't stop in Grand Cayman, so no tendering worries for us..........

We will be docking in the GC too in May on the Valor. What was chaotic about it? Just so that I know what to expect. :(

You won't dock in GC. It is a tender port. Short small boat ride from the ship to the port. We were on the 1/11 - 1/18 cruise. No chaos.

People that were booked on tours were supposed to get tenders first. However, there were numerous people that were not on tours that got off before us(You received a tender ticket for this). We almost missed our tour because of it and I'm sure some people did miss there tours. Nobody from Carnival was there direct traffic and there was quite a bit of pushing going on too.

Got off the Legend at 9am this morning. It was a great cruise, weather was perfect, food was good, ship clean, crew friendly. Hardly any kids, no chair hogs, great cabin and cabin steward. Had only one complaint, which was the people who camped out all day at the tables around the buffet, playing cards, reading, napping. They made it very hard to find a table at lunch time on sea days. Other than that (and it really is a small complaint) everything was great. I will post a longer review when I get back to work Tuesday or Wednesday. Be more than glad to answer any questions. By the way Roatan is not as bad as some people think.
Going on her in Octorber...can't wait....

You won't dock in GC. It is a tender port. Short small boat ride from the ship to the port. We were on the 1/11 - 1/18 cruise. No chaos.

I have been on the Glory and the Legend and I have to say that while there were things on both ships that were better than the other, Legend was INCREDIBLE when it came to organization. Getting off in Nassau on the Glory was a 1/2 ordeal with 200 people crammed onto 1 stairway trying to get out . Never had more than a 2-3 minute wait to get on or off the Legend.

BTW, Glory was eastern , so no tenders,

I was on the Legend from the 18th to the 25th. I didn't have any problem getting off at GC. I did hear from the anouncements & from talking to the crew there was a medical emergency that morning & the first tender brought a stretcher on board & took off a couple. So that may have been why you thought there was some confusion or chaos. Later when I was getting back on board I saw their luggage leaving. This was also confirmed by Igor (one of the ships personel) he said we were two people short by the count as we left GC for Tampa. I would do this cruise in a heart beat again! I would so love to be still on the ship right now!!!!!!!!

Was there with you.

The weather was nice in the ports except for the 15 mph steady wind in Cozumel.

Deck 10 and up was closed sunday night because of high winds and the seas were rough on the way out of tampa.

Then again the sea got angry as we sailed out of Roatan.

The ship was rocking a bit but did not effect my cruise.

As for the complaint on the table hogs. I will have to agree there were people parked at tables and were there all day long. Some reading books some playing cards and some taking naps. There are other areas on the ship designed for those activities not the dinning tables during peak eating hours.

I'm looking forward to your review. There are 28 of us going from our church. Is there an opportunity for any ball room dancing on this cruise? One couple in our group really enjoys this type of dancing. Superbowl Sunday may present problems with traffic. Wondering if anyone has heard if there are special arrangements for watching Superbowl? Again looking forward to reading your review...

How was disembarkation? I have an 11am flight to catch (I know I know, very risky!), and I'm wondering what time they actually let the self-disembark people get off the ship?

I'm Canadian so I think they try to clear non-US Nationals first, at least I hope so.

I totally agree about the table hogs, but on Glory it was outside on the deck by the bar, they would grab the tables early and sit there all day playing cards, hard to find a table to sit at at noon.

I didn't notice it on the Legend. I adored the ship too, and Roatan was beautiful. I can't wait to hear the rest of your review.

Carole

How was disembarkation? I have an 11am flight to catch (I know I know, very risky!), and I'm wondering what time they actually let the self-disembark people get off the ship?

I'm Canadian so I think they try to clear non-US Nationals first, at least I hope so.

I am not sure but when I've had early flights they have given me luggage tags in a zone that is called first, not sure if that is before self debark though, I know they do try to get the EARLY flights out first, but whether it's non US or not I don't know.

Good luck!!! Carole

I'm from Canada too and we just got off the Legend on Sunday. We had to get up at 6:00 and clear customs on the ship, and then wait around to get off. We weren't in any hurry to get off, and we were in group 17 and 18 to get off. Self debark went first, starting around 8ish and it was only for Americans. Then general ... we were off by 10, but again, we weren't making any attempt to get off quickly since our flight wasn't until 5pm.

Cheers!

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed the Legend. We are going in

September. We were on Liberty in Feb '07 and Nov '08.

'07 was wonderful. Everything exceeded our expectations.

'08 was OK. Nothing fantastic. Nothing wrong. Just not Great.

We are trying a different ship this time hoping to have a

great review like those of you have posted. Thanks for the

comments!:)

I'm from Canada too and we just got off the Legend on Sunday. We had to get up at 6:00 and clear customs on the ship, and then wait around to get off. We weren't in any hurry to get off, and we were in group 17 and 18 to get off. Self debark went first, starting around 8ish and it was only for Americans. Then general ... we were off by 10, but again, we weren't making any attempt to get off quickly since our flight wasn't until 5pm.

Cheers!

I think I met one of your group. I can't for the life of me remember her name right now, (I am horible with names) but she had a great smile & was around 6 foot tall & very friendly. I met her through my friend Tammi. I think she had on a black blouse comming back on the tender from Belize. Hope yall had fun. I know I did!!!

Archived